sixteen

Alice Longbottom has given birth to a boy on July 30, 1981

Alice Longbottom has given birth to a boy on July 30, 1981. Lily Potter had given birth to a boy on July 31, 1981. The prophecy was awakened.

Harry James Potter was the boy in the prophecy. The Potters were forced into hiding, thinking Sirius was the Secret-Keeper. Mercy went into hiding with them as an extra guard. She didn't mind. She liked being able to take care of Harry when Lily was tired.

But their secret was told. Peter had betrayed them and framed Sirius, but no one knew the truth. Even Remus had blamed Sirius.

No one would know the truth. James and Mercy tried to fight off Voldemort downstairs while Lily stayed upstairs with Harry.

Mercy was the first one to die. She tried to protect James, but Voldemort cast an Unforgivable Curse. James had cried out, blinded by fury and sadness, and tried to kill Voldemort, but he got to him first.

Lily flinched from upstairs, sobbing. And when Voldemort killed her, her love protected Harry and granted him with immense power. Voldemort was forced to return into hiding, weaker than before.

Sirius arrived on the scene first. He saw Mercy and James next to each other. Their eyes were blank and cloudy. Sirius sobbed as he fell to his knees and crawled to Mercy. He cradled the upper-half of her body, kissing her forehead with trembling lips.

It was all his fault. He knew who had done it. There was only one person who could have told Voldemort. Sirius stared down at Mercy's face before closing her eyes, then Disapparated out of the house.

Snape was the second to arrive on the scene. He cried, hugging Lily's dead body to his chest. In more ways than one, Sirius and Snape were similar to each other.