five

The bell rings to signal a new costumer is here. Red, being the curious guy he is, looks over, only to let out a sigh of annoyance.

" What?" Chris wonders, turning in his seat to look. He only finds Gordie, who he had asked to meet with here.

" I'm just gonna go," Robert announces slowly, getting up from his seat.

" What is up with you two?" Chris questions. He grabs at Robert's arm, forcing him to sit.

" I'd rather not be around that nerd." Lies. Those are complete lies and both boys can sense it.

" You're about as big of a nerd, if not a bigger one! What is up with you two?"

" Look, it's noth-"

" Why is he here?" The Chambers turn, looking to find Gordie standing in front of the table, arms crossed like a child.

" What's wrong with two brothers hanging out?" Robert wonders with a shrug. His tone makes him sound oblivious to the problem, but his grin gives it away.

" Because you just tried to beat his ass this morning," he points out, finger pointing at the large bruise on Chris' forearm.

" But, he deserved it," Red adds, a smirk on his lips, pointing his finger at the young boy.

" You son of a-"

" Why can't you two just get along?" Chris groans, letting his head hit the table. It stops both from talking, eyes on the blond. " You hang out with Teddy, but not Gordie?"

" He's a bi-"

" Teddy and I hang out 'cause... have you met us?!" Red exclaims, making Chris shrug in agreement. " Then there's this idiot right here..." he trails off, letting out a sigh before wondering, " Why would I hang out with him?"

" Will you two just please try, for once?" Red can only bite the inside of his cheek, eyes on the table. " I want you two to try to eat and talk. I'll be back in about an hour," Chris announces, getting up from his seat. He forces Gordie to sit down, a heavy breath escaping past his lips. " Quit acting like it's the end of the world," he scoffs, picking up his bottle and walking away from the two, forgetting to take the tension with him.