two

listen to 'head in the clouds' by joji while reading my story. idk i just thought you'd like to hear what hear while writing. what helps set the mood i guess

The door to the Chambers house is closed softly, Red not wanting to wake up his father. Looking at the house, it dawns upon him that he hadn't gone home last night, explaining why the house looked unclean. It places a look of annoyance on the face of Robert. A heavy sigh escapes him, before he starts the water in the sink, and begins to throw cans of beer away.

Time passes slowly, before the dishes become clean, and the trash bag is out. The smell and atmosphere are still the same. However, at least he can walk through his house without tripping over bottles and cans.

" Where were you?"

" I was working. You know I take the night shifts on Tuesdays and Fridays," Robert sighs, letting the water drain from the sink. His hands grip the counter, not wanting to turn around.

" Where's the check?"

" I-I think Richard took it." Silence fills the room, it beginning to weigh down in the boy's shoulders. More weight is added onto one of his shoulders, as a large hand is placed on it.

" Bring me-" His grip tightens, a sharp pain forming. It forces a whimper pass Robert's lips, his knees becoming week. " Bring me that check by tonight."

" I-I d-don't know if-" Robert's own shriek of pain cuts him off, as he's pulled backward. He lands on his back, his head hitting the cold tiles with an echoing thud. " I'll bring it! I'll bring it!" Red yells, moving to where his body is in the fetal position.

" I have a bitch for a son. Ass kisser," He grumbles, His footsteps echoing in the house until they're no more. Red can only grip his damp hair, eyes looking at the spinning scene before him.