seventeen

" Lucas, you dumb fuck! Let go!" Robert screams, pulling the steering from his grasp. It forces the car to take a sharp turn, but Robert is able to get it back on the road.

" Lucas, will you stop?" Denny exclaims from the backseat of the geep, turning his attention back to the words on the paper. It's only two words that he sees often but he was just confused about the handwriting. The girl who wrote 'Call me' must have used her non-dominant hand because it looked fucked up.

" Why?! I should be driving, not this pipsqueak!" Lucas growls, taking his seat belt off. He leans back into the passenger seat, his face growing red with anger. " Why is this little bitch driving?"

" My ankle is fucked up thanks to the last track meet we had, and you're drunk," Denny explains, tossing the note beside his crutches. He leans forward, placing his arms on the two seats in front of him. " I trust Robert. He may not have a license, but he's driven enough to know what the fuck he's doing."

" Thank you!" Robert adds in, before adding more wood to the fire. " We get it, Lucas, you're sad that you didn't make track. But here's a wake-up call: You're out of shape, you fat fuck."

" Robert!"

" You know I'm fucking right, Denny! Lucas, you're ignorant, think you're the shit. But here's the reality; You're just a walking pile of shit!"

Tension weighs on the three boys in the car. Seconds drag by slowly before Lucas screams like a psycho. He gets both hands on the steering wheel, giving it a hard turn, in the other lane, right in front of an oncoming car.

The geep is hit, an indescribable sound echoing across the fields. The impact was terrible on its own, but it's made worse as geep flips multiple times, metal turning in unusual ways before it lands in a ditch with a loud thud. Silence echoes before it's covered by the sound of sirens.