twenty five

The movie wasn't like Teddy remembered. His mind was distracted throughout the movie. Maybe it was because he was afraid of how Robert was. Or it was because Chris fell asleep on his shoulder not even halfway through the movie.

" You really are tired, huh?" Teddy whispers, looking over at Chris' figure. The blond responds though, at least his body does. Slowly, Chris leans forwards, allowing him to lay on Teddy lap. " It was rhetorical!" he whisper-yells.

His breathing stills, afraid that if he moves Chris will awaken. And Teddy doesn't want that, as this is the closest either have been in a long time. Grabbing enough of his confidence scattered across the floor, Teddy's hand places itself in Chris' hair. He wonders how hair can be this soft, while his own hair is a mop being held up by his mother's scarf. At least he thinks it's his mother's scarf. He doesn't really remember.

" Why did we stop talking to each other?" Teddy jolts at the sound. He relaxes a moment, seeing that Chris spoke. That relaxing feeling disappears though when Teddy finds himself entranced by Chris' blue eyes.

" What do you mean?" The words pass his lip loosely, the words tangled with each other.

" What happened that made us stop talking to each other?" Chris knew. He already knew and had the incident engraved into his memory since it happened.

" I don't want to say." Teddy's voice comes out soft, as if he's afraid he'll break Chris like a slate of glass.

" At some point, you need to admit what happened, Teddy."

" Another day. For now, can we just relax?"

Despite the sigh passing Chris' lips, he nods his head slowly. He leans into Teddy's touch, feeling at ease for a few moments.