twenty four

" Do you think they're okay?"

" Yes."

" What if Gordie got hurt?"

" They're fine."

" What if-"

" Did me leaving have something to do you becoming a pussy?" Teddy wonders, silencing Chris. " Even if they're okay, the two are found right beside a body. A body, " Teddy emphasizes. " The two will probably be with the cops for at least a day or two. So straighten your panties and relax." Teddy allows his body to fall on the couch with a tired sigh.

Chris stands awkwardly, eyes looking around Teddy's home. The only word that can come to Chris' mind is weird. He didn't think he would speak to Teddy after their incident in the treehouse. So being in his trailer makes anxiety run through his veins.

" Sit your ass down, Chambers," Teddy states, a heavy breath passing his lips. Chris looks away from the open kitchen, turning his sight to the brunette. " A rerun of the 'Creature from the Black Lagoon' is about to come on. I've been wanting to watch this for days now." Teddy bounces like a child on candy, a grin on his face. Teddy's smile was always contagious, as it takes every fiber for the blond not to crack a grin. However, he spots something off about Teddy.

" Won't you need your glasses?" The brunette stops bouncing, his demeanor becoming soft.

" Kinda--I kinda broke them a while back," Teddy mumbles, rubbing the back of his head.

" Don't you have an extra pair?" Testy raises a brow at Chris. Despite the two not talking in so long, it's weird the blond remembers him having an extra pair.

" It's lost in my bedroom somewhere," Teddy shrugs, turning on the television. " My eyes have adjusted enough to where I can see-ish."

" 'See-ish' is not a word."

" Sit the fuck down."