eight

Guilt and betrayal. It's so hard to think of anything else when this is all Robert can feel. His shoes slowly deteriorate in quality, as they scrape against the hard concrete. He feels his self-esteem and sanity go to its lowest point, his body beginning to shut down. As it does though, a bright light shines against his back.

Red can only sigh, taking his time to stop and turn around. He squints, holding his hand up to see who's in the car. The vehicle slows to a stop beside him. Robert swallows thickly, finding himself standing beside a car filled with Cobras.

" Hey, Red," Ace grins, looking at the young boy.

" Can y'all harass me tomorrow? I'm not in the mood for this," Robert sighs, turning to walk away.

" I actually have a proposal for you, " Ace declares, hopping out his car, his fellow Cobras following his move. It makes Robert stand a bit straighter, his body on full alert. " We would like you to join us."

Red opens and closes his mouth a few times, not knowing what to say before giving out a quiet, " What?"

" What? Cat got your tongue now?" Ace chuckles. " I just think you if were with us would be good. We'd be here for you no matter what."

" I-" Robert begins, before he remembers what happened just an hour ago, making him quiet.

" So, are you in, or are you out?" Ace questions, a mischevious smile on his face. Robert bites down on his lip, looking down at the Cobras' shoes as he contemplates.