twenty one

" Fuck off!" Teddy yells. He relaxes in the comfort of his bed, colorful words passing his lips as he grumbles in frustration. He just got off of work at 8 a.m, and has been working since 5. He did not want to deal with another church wanting him to find faith.

A dramatic groan of despair escapes his lips as the knocking grows louder. Grabbing his knife, he forces his body up before stomping towards the door.

" I love Satan! What's the damn problem-"

" I don't care that you love Satan, Theodore." The latter's eyes widen, finding his old friend at the door. He regains composure though, folding his arm while his expression becomes stone.

" The hell do you want, Chambers?" Teddy snaps, Chris' last name rolling from his tongue like poison. The blond flinches, his breathing uneven.

" R--Red-Robert and Gordie are in trouble. I tried to tell the cops but they didn't believe me. A-And then I got stuck in my room a-a-and I-I don't know if they're alive still and-and-and-" Chris has to bite his lip so he wouldn't break down. A few tears slip past the gates in his eyes. His breath waivers as it pushes past his lips before he steadies himself, finishing his sentence. " I need your help, Theodore. Maybe the cops with believe you since you work with 'em."

Despite wanting to be cocky and speak about how Chris is begging for help, it hits him Red is in trouble. God he didn't want to lose. The two bonded over the disease they had, and without Robert, he'd be alone.

" My name's Teddy, not Theodore," he corrects the blond. " Show me where they are. Then I'll figure something out," he sighs, giving in. Instantly, the blond regains the color in his face. He grins happily before hugging Teddy with all his strength.

Despite the hug being short, a feeling he wanted to forget began to stir in Teddy. He groans quietly, burying the feeling before it resurfaced. As he does so, Chris grabs his hand, pulling him in the direction of the police station.