Chapter 12: Best friends have romance too

Darling Charming is a mysterious young lady who does secretive things behind the page... But when she's alone, where does she go? Normally, when Darling goes unnoticed, she disguises as the white knight, as a hero and not a damsel in distress. Some times, she pretends to be Daring, so no one could discover her secret. Since all of Wonderland's portals had been open, Darling secretly travels to another dimension, but for what?
She slid down the tunnels of Wonderland magically made her way there. She put her white knight in shining armour disguise and was searching for another knight. An opponent? An enemy? What?
There she sees a knight wearing black and red armour and riding a chess piece that looks like a horse. Darling hopped onto hers and raced to the other knight. She grabbed her sword and started duelling with the man. Their swords clacked and hit like a fencing battle. After a few moments, they stopped and both got off their horses.
"You're improving, Darling," the knight took of his helmet and revealed a handsome boy with black hair and a red highlight.
"You too, Chase," Darling replied.
All this time, Darling sneaked into Wonderland to see a friend named Chase Redford. They practised battling with each other. They were both powerful knights and would always end up on a draw. The two took of their armour and then sat down on a bench.
"How did you get away this time?" Chase asked.
"I gave my friend and my brother some alone time ahah," Darling replied.
"I'd like to visit Ever After High, but I'm assigned to stay here,"
"EAH is an amazing place,"
Darling slightly smiled. She was very happy.
"So what are you planning to do now that you're in Wonderland?" Chase continued asking questions.
"Duel with you again," she laughed.
They both grabbed their swords and started battling, friendlily.
"Tired yet?" Chase teased.
"As if!" Darling answered back.
Suddenly, the girl tripped over a rock and fell on top of Chase and their swords dropped. There was an awkward pause as the two stared into each other's eyes and blushed. Darling rapidly got up,
"Oh my fairy godmother, I'm so sorry Chase,"
"No it's fine, it was an accident," the boy forgave her.
There was a long silence as the two friends sat down on the grass.
"Hey Darling..we've know each other for quite a while now..."
"True dat," Darling replied.
"Ever since you took of that helmet and you impressed me with your skills, I started to fall in love with you. I'm sorry,"
Darling's heart was racing and blushed. She didn't reply. Chase looked down and looked disappointed. She didn't want to see her friend heart-broken and also didn't want to lose a guy she secretly liked.
"Sorry, Chase-"
"No it's ok I didn't expect you to see me in that way!"
"I'm sorry that I didn't reply to you. I do feel the same way. But I still want to do the same things like duelling and playing chess here in Wonderland,"
"Of course!" Chase hugged Darling and she hugged back.
⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️