Chapter Nine

Asano's P.O.V.

Kids were talking in huddles as I walked down the hallways at school, whispering with wide eyes.

I eyed them as I walked, wondering what was going on. I didn't mind too much, since they weren't gossiping about me, but with what I knew about what was going on, I could only imagine what they were whispering about.

"Asano!" An arm was suddenly thrown around my shoulders, nearly making my lose my balance.

"Ren!" I snapped. "How many times do I have to tell you not to touch me?"

"Yeah, yeah, sorry, but get this, have you heard what happened this morning?" He asked, leaning close. His eyes were shining in excitement.

"No." I said coldly, acting like I didn't care.

"The school is getting an expansion!" He led me down the hallway and to the right, where I stopped in shock.

The whole west wing was under construction, and students were standing on their tip toes to try and catch a better look.

"An expansion? For what?" I asked, trying to figure out why this was happening, and how it got underway without me knowing a single thing about it.

"They're adding another wing to the school. More classrooms and stuff. I heard we're getting another pool, for elites only." He winked, signaling him and I were the 'elites'. "Maybe we'll get lucky and get a bowling alley, or a movie theater!"

I shook his arm off me. "Don't be stupid, my father would never allow such recreational activities on this campus."

He shrugged. "Hey, a guy can hope." Then he noticed the bandage on my face. "Hey, what happened?"

I shoved his hand away from my face. "I need to speak to my father."

-

Karma's P.O.V.

"So, in conclusion, verbs are a word to describe an action, state or occurrence, while nouns are used to identify any class of people, places or things," Professor Bitch was saying, scribbling something on the chalkboard. "Knowing that, we can now safely assume that..."

I wasn't paying attention. I rested my cheek in my hand, staring out the window.

"Because you're good, Karma."

Shuu's words kept circling around in my brain.

I had no idea he really thought that of me. It....surprised me.

Oh God fucking damn it!

I grimaced. Now I had four out of five strikes against me, while Asano still only had two. I was losing horribly. I had to do something. I could only imagine what he would make me do if he won the bet...

Fuck it all to Hell. Shitting damn it. Cunt.

I was screwed unless I did something, and fast.

"Akabane." A familiar voice drew me out of my thoughts.

I looked up and Asano was standing in the doorway to the classroom.

Naturally, the class was giving him glares and stares, but he ignored them. His eyes were only fixed on me.

I stood up.

"Come with me." he said, and walked out.

Everyone turned to look at me, clearly confused. I headed to the door. I didn't have to justify this.

Nagisa gave me a cold glare as I passed his desk.

"Uh, well, hurry back?" Professor Bitch stammered as I walked out of the classroom.