Chapter Eleven

Asano's P.O.V.

I studied myself in the mirror, glaring distastefully at the pink I was being forced to wear. I was wearing a black suit and tie, with the pink dress shirt on underneath.

"Why, Kiri..." I mumbled to myself, fixing my tie. "Why pink..."

Red was so much prettier...

A sharp knock at my door shakes me out of my thoughts, and my father enters.

He smiles when he sees my outfit. "Good. Kiri just got here, she's waiting in the foyer so hurry up and meet her there."

I silently pushed past him, not wanting to argue.

She was talking to Miriam when I arrived.

She looked up and gasped when she saw me.

"Asano-san! You look amazing!" She gushed, rushing to meet me at the bottom of the stairs.

"Isn't that supposed to be my line?" I smile and take her hands in mine. I glance at her pink dress and makeup. "You're stunning, Kiri."

She blushes as pink as her shoes. "Thank you..."

Miriam lets out a little cough from my side.

I turn and see her holding out a pink corsage.

I take it from her and Kiri offers her wrist. I slide the corsage on, and she smiles wider, admiring the roses.

"Your reservations are in half an hour, so I would get going if I was were you," My father says, walking into the scene.

Miriam opens the door and I see the white limo waiting out front.

"Thank you so much for organizing all this, Mr. Asano." Kiri bows, and my father gives her a charming smile.

I can barely hold back my scowl at his fakeness.

"The pleasure is all mine, Kiri. Now you two kids go have fun."

I take Kiri's hand and lead her out into the night, not wanting to be in my fathers company for another second.

My only resolution to get me through this night is that at least no monsters should be attacking. They seem to prefer sticking to the shadows and attacking single students.

I tried not to think about how I would rather be fighting a monster than have to see Nagisa dancing with Karma.

We climbed into the limo, and the other members of the big five were already inside with their dates.

Everyone is talking and laughing and popping bottles of champagne, but I choose to stare out the window instead, only providing words when necessary. Just enough to make sure no one asks what's wrong.

We pulled into the parking lot of the Italian restaurant, and I help Kiri step out.

"Wow, it's packed in here!" She exclaims as we enter the restaurant.

She's not wrong, every table is full and waiters are basically sprinting to rush food out. The poor hostess looks overwhelmed at the line of people yelling at her about their wait times.

"Come on," I grab Kiri's hand and walk to the front of the line.

"Hello, do you have a reservation?" She asks, too busy to be more polite.

"Yes, it should be under Asano." I say, ignoring the people behind us who grumbled at my intrusion.

Not my fault I was better than them.

"Ah yes, here it is- oh no..." She bit her lip.

"What?" I asked.

"Er, there seems to have been a mix up...your table was given away. The next one should be open in...five minutes! Oh, but it's for four people."