Chapter Twenty Five

Asano's P.O.V.

I slammed my hands down on my fathers desk, rattling the computer and knocking over a cup of pens.

"I want the S.W.A.T, F.B.I, C.I.A, C.S.I, Homeland Security, and the fucking police all on this, immediately," I demanded, glaring daggers at my father. "Hell, I want the fucking S.V.U, the B.A.U. and the fucking mall cops too. I want your best men on the job, working overtime on this! How could you let this happen on your watch? In your school? I even want that psychic detective who isn't even actually psychic on the job. How did this happen, father? How?! You have cameras everywhere! You realize how suspicious this makes you look, right?"

He kept a calm composure, looking at me with his arms crossed and head slightly tilted as he leaned back in his chair. "Asano, you idiot, we don't have even half of those government agencies, and the other half are TV shows."

"Why aren't you taking this seriously?" I screamed at him. "Karma is fucking gone! In case you haven't noticed, he's the guy who saved my life on more than one occasion, and you can't even lift a damn finger to help find him? Do you really not care for him at all? Even after all he has done? Do you really not care about me?"

"Don't use that kind of language with me," he warned. "Or else I'll lock you in your room again."

Enraged, I grabbed his computer and threw it against the wall, where it smashed and fell to pieces on the floor.

"That's it!" He roared, jumping up. He pointed to the door. "Get out! Go home, now!"

"Fuck you!" I snarled, flipping him off.

It felt so liberating and freeing to say that. His shocked expression was the best gift I had ever received. Karma would be so proud.

However, my giddy feeling turned to horror when he came out from around his desk, hand raised.

I bolted to the door and threw it open before he could grab me.

"I'm going to find Karma, and then I'm going to make sure you're arrested." I announced, half hiding from behind the door. "Even if we don't have any evidence you're secretly working for Creation Enterprises, you're at the very least a terrible principal who can't protect his students."

"Asano-"

I slammed the door and sprinted down the hallway.

I'm coming Karma...I promise I'll find you.

-

I slowed down when it was clear my father wasn't going to chase me, or call security after me.

I concentrated on evening out my breathing, my mind whirling thoughts around like crazy.

Like hell I would go home and just wait for something to happen. I couldn't trust my father anymore, the only ally we had.

Granted, we never trusted him from the start, but he was the only one who had the best resources around.

The building was quiet now, school had let out three hours ago and even the teachers had all gone home. It was eerie.

I found myself back at the construction wing. The opaque tarp that sectioned off the zone from the rest of the school fluttered slightly in the breeze.

What was it Ren had said about this? It was supposed to be new classrooms or something?

I wasn't an architect, but it seemed to be a terrible idea to install classrooms on the west side of the school- considering when the sun set it would be getting in the eyes of everyone who was staying late for cram school.