02 ||ɴᴇᴡ ᴍᴏᴏɴ

sɪᴛᴇ: ᴀᴏ3 ᴏʀ ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇᴏғᴏᴜʀᴏᴡɴ.ᴏʀɢ
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ: ᴡʀɪᴛᴇᴏɴ423

--------------

02 ||New Moon
Fate has aligned our paths; your light makes it hard to look away...
You illuminate a part of me that I wish to keep hidden from the word...

02 ||New Moon

Yoongi watched from a distance with the General and his brother at his side. His father a bit ahead.
"Who is that boy?"
Yoongi didn't answer right away. Still hypnotized by what he just witnessed.
"Which? The taller or the smaller, your highness?"
Yoongi turned to the General who had the clear enough head to answer his father. Yoongi looked over at his brother who wore a small smile on his face as he continued to watch the two. He could hear the two laughing. He heard Hoseok say something about Jimin's weight which caused the younger to address him informally and get a small tap on his head from his Hyung. Yoongi watched as the two's laughter echoed throughout the field as they slowly faded from sight.
"The taller one."
Yoongi immediately snapped out of his reverie. Did he say, the taller one?
"His name is Jung Hoseok from what I overheard. He looks to be about sixteen or seventeen years old. By his dress and skin, I'd say he is either the son of a farmer or miner."
Yoongi watched as his father licked his lips and nodded. He knew that look. It was a look of longing and lust. He had seen it many times when his father was thinking of taking another concubine. Usually it didn't bother him but this time, it did and it took everything in him to not scream that Hoseok was his.
"Find out everything about him and I mean everything!"
Yoongi knew that by everything he meant if Hoseok had ever dated or been with a man or woman. His father liked his concubines' virginal.
"Don't you think he may be a little too head strong, your highness? The younger may be better suited for you."
Yoongi inwardly smiled at the General's suggestion. He was right. His father loved his concubines to be submissive and by the looks of it, Hoseok would not bend as easily as the rest.
"No! I want Jimin-ssi!"
Yoongi turned to his brother in shock at his boldness. He shouldn't be shocked but he had though that his time at the border with the soldiers for two years would've changed him. It hadn't obviously.
Their father turned his horse and looked at his brother who instantly became meek.
"Your time away hasn't changed you, I see."
"Sorry, Appa." The younger whispered with his head down.
"And its Abeoji. Save that nonsense for your other father."
Their father turned his horse and made his way back to the castle.
Yoongi turned to his brother who still had his head down. he looked dejected as he always did in their father's presence. He could tell it hurt the younger because all he wanted was their father to love him but Yoongi was older and wise enough to know that their father wasn't capable of such emotion. His brother however acted out to garner attention from their father as Yoongi just did as he was told and received little or no praise. He was okay with that. However, he did like the pride that seemed to swell in his father's chest whenever he completed a mission or task that he was assigned. And his father would sing his praises whenever they entertained allies from other kingdoms. To Yoongi, that feeling he got could not compare to any other feeling. He didn't need love and the sooner his brother understood that, he wouldn't end up hurt so often.
"Are you okay Taehyung?"
Yoongi and Taehyung looked up at the General who had his hand on Taehyung's shoulder. Taehyung smiled and nodded enthusiastically under the General's perusal. "Thank you, Namjoon-hyung."
They both shared a smile and began riding side by side back to the castle. Yoongi stole one more glance in the direction that Hoseok and Jimin had disappeared. Hoseok's laughter still echoing in his head.
How could someone be so beautiful and pure? But at the same time so fearless? Yoongi had never seen anyone like him before. He was mesmerized from the moment he saw him playing in the field. His smile. His orange locks blowing in the breeze and his scent. It was so uniquely him. Yoongi had never smelled it before. It was like a mixture of vanilla and cinnamon. Sweet but spicy. Like his personality.
He wanted him. He was not as vocal as Taehyung but he wanted him. But, his father wanted him too. He felt his grip tighten on the reins of his horse at the thought. He had never disobeyed his father before and he didn't plan on it but the thought of his father holding the only man he ever really had any interest in bothered him. He shook his head. He needed to snap out of it. it was easier said than done because all Yoongi thought about on the short ride home was how to make his father become uninterested.