10.5 ||sʜᴏᴏᴛɪɴɢ sᴛᴀʀ

sɪᴛᴇ: ᴀᴏ3 ᴏʀ ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇᴏғᴏᴜʀᴏᴡɴ.ᴏʀɢ
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ: ᴡʀɪᴛᴇᴏɴ423

--------------

10.5 ||Shooting Star
Jeongguk's story

Edit: Sam Smith's song Not in that way goes perfectly with this chapter

10.5 ||Shooting Star

"Kookie! Wait!"

Tears blinded his eyes as he ran down the corridor clenching the journal close to his chest.
He could hear him calling out to him as he ran.

Have the halls always been this long? Why was his room so far away?

"Kookie! Please!"

Jeongguk opened his bedroom door, hurried inside and locked it behind him. His heart had been broken enough. He couldn't face him.

"Kookie, please! Let's talk about this!" Yoongi begged from the other side of the door.

Jeongguk shook his head as he slowly slid down the door, journal still in hand.
The knob was turned and there were a few more frantic knocks before it grew quiet.
"I'm sorry Kookie." Yoongi said gently breaking the silence. "I'm so sorry."

Jeongguk didn't respond. He just buried his face into the journal and cried.

Hoseok.

Prince Yoongi loved Hoseok.

He didn't tell him outright, but Jeongguk knew. He had been in denial the whole time. He knew from the start but ignored it.
He should've known he had no chance against the dancer. He was the epitome of perfection. Kind, good looking and talented. All the things he wasn't. He was just a kid. A naïve kid that thought he had a chance with a Prince.

He noticed the glances at dinner. The way Yoongi seemed to be mesmerized by Hoseok's presence. How his eyes followed him around the room. Those secret comforting caresses he would give the dancer while he slept.

But still...

He hoped....He hoped.

However, his hope had run out when he noticed Yoongi's pained expression. "Kookie, I can't-".

He didn't need to hear anymore.

Now here he was, sitting on the cold floor a sobbing mess because of hope. Hadn't he learned that hope wasn't on his side long ago?

Like when he hoped his parents would stop gambling and wasting their money frivolously.

Or when, he hoped his parents would learn to love him like normal parents did.

How about when, he hoped his parents would change their mind about selling their only son to the king.

Nope. He hadn't learned.

It was dark inside of his room when he opened his eyes. His back was still against the closed door, holding on to that damn journal.