The Rich Boy

School bell rang. All high school students left school to go home. Suho, Sehun and Kai approached Jongdae. Jongdae treated them to watch movie and eat dinner, then they all went to a karaoke place because it was weekend.

"Jongdae-ah, thanks for the treat," said Suho, then he left karaoke place and went home. "Jongdae hyung, I must go home now or my eomma (mother) will scold me," said Sehun. "Me too," said Kai. "Okay, you two can go," said Jongdae. Sehun and Kai also left and went home at 10 PM.

Jongdae phoned other friends to come and accompany him. Some friends quickly came and they accompanied Jongdae until 12 AM. Jongdae stayed until 2 AM alone, until the karaoke place was closed.

Jongdae's parents were quarreling in the living room when Jongdae came home. Jongdae went straight to his bedroom because he didn't want to hear his parents' quarrel. Jongdae was already tired of hearing it, his parents always quarreled when they were at home.

Jongdae's mom who was drunk yelled at Jongdae's dad, "Why don't you just kill me??? Why do you must torture me like this???" Jongdae's dad yelled back, "Just leave this house!!! Nobody asked you to stay!!!"

Jongdae's mom cried and said, "If it wasn't because of Jongdae, I would have already left long time ago." Jongdae's dad yelled, "Don't use Jongdae as an excuse!!! Have you even taken care of our son??? All you do is party with your friends!!! Why can"t I have fun too when I am the one who earns money???"

Jongdae's mom said in tears, "I never forbid you to have fun but... Why must see other women?" Jongdae's dad walked away leaving his wife who was drunk. Jongdae's mom got angry, she threw her wine glass towards her husband. The wine glass hit the wall and broke shattering on the floor.

Jongdae's mom chased her husband to upstairs and then they quarreled again inside their bedroom. Jongdae couldn't stand to hear the shouts and the sounds of stuff breaking. Jongdae became annoyed, he left his house and went to the hotel.

"I need a room," said Jongdae. Tao asked, "For how many person?" "One," Jongdae answered. "I'm sorry, our standard rooms are full booked," said Tao. Lay who had just returned to the front desk quickly said to Jongdae, "I'm sorry, he is a new worker here. Please come with me." Lay ushered Jongdae to deluxe room.

Lay returned to the front desk with Jongdae's credit card. "Don't we need his ID card too? Our manager will scold us if we don't follow the rules," said Tao. "It's okay. I know him. He lives not far from here. He often comes here to sleep," said Lay.

"If his house is close to here, why not just sleep at home? Why must come here to sleep? Weird," said Tao. "We don't need to know his reason. He can sleep here as long as he pays," said Lay. "You're right. Whatever his reason is not our business," said Tao.

Jongdae looked at the ceiling while thinking, "How long I should live my life like this? I don't even know what's the point for me to continue living like this... Should I disappear from this world?... If that happens, is there anyone who will look for me?... My parents may be happy if I am gone because they can get divorced... My friends... Will they look for me? I know they all be friends with me just because of my money... I'm so tired of living like this."