The Poor Boy

Baekhyun was eating his dinner with only rice and kimchi when his mom who was only 35 years old came home with a middle aged man from the pub where she worked. Baekhyun's mom took the middle aged man into her bedroom and then closed the door.

Baekhyun washed dishes after he finished his dinner, then he went to the living room to do his homework. Baekhyun heard the sounds of bed creaking and moaning of his mom and the middle aged man from inside his mom's bedroom. Baekhyun couldn't concentrate on doing his homework, he decided to leave his house and took a walk outside.

Baekhyun returned to his house when he saw the middle aged man leaving his house. Baekhyun's mom was smoking in the living room when Baekhyun came in. Baekhyun's mom gave Baekhyun money and said, "Here, you can pay your school fee arrears for 1 month first. Tell your principal that I will pay the other 2 months when I have the money."

Baekhyun took the money and said, "Eomma, can you stop bringing men home? I don't want to hear our neighbors say something unpleasant about us." Baekhyun's mom got offended and said irritably, "Why? Do you feel ashamed to have a hooker as your eomma? Then you can leave this house and stop being my son. Do you think I wanna be a hooker if I have skill to do a better job? All because of your appa! That bastard has ruined my life! If only he hadn't leave me after making me pregnant, then I wouldn't do this shameful thing!"

Baekhyun said, "Eomma should have accepted the offer to marry the man who proposed you 3 years ago." Baekhyun's mom laughed and said, "All men are just the same. They marry you and make you do all the housework and then they will find other women who are younger and more attractive than their wives."

Baekhyun said, "But that man seems very nice." Baekhyun's mom blew her cigarette smoke to Baekhyun and said, "You are too young to know what kind of world we are living." Baekhyun coughed because of the cigarette smoke.

"Don't forget to do the laundry before you sleep. I'm tired," said Baekhyun's mom, then she went into her bedroom to rest. Baekhyun finished his homework, then he did the laundry.

When Baekhyun was drying the laundry at the front yard, a middle aged woman came to his house and yelled angrily, "Come out you bitch!!!" The middle aged woman came into Baekhyun's house angrily.

When Baekhyun's mom came out from her bedroom, the middle aged woman slapped Baekhyun's mom while shouting, "Damn you whore!!!" Baekhyun's mom laughed and said, "I never look for your husband. It was him who came to me. If you don't want your husband to come to me, you should chain him in your house like a dog."

The middle aged woman got pissed off, she pulled Baekhyun's mom's hair and Baekhyun's mom pulled the middle aged woman's hair too. Baekhyun came inside the house to separate his mom and the middle aged woman. The middle aged woman left Baekhyun's house while cursing Baekhyun's mom.

Baekhyun approached his mom and asked worriedly, "Eomma, are you okay?" Baekhyun's mom pushed Baekhyun away and said, "Having you is the biggest mistake in my life... If only I didn't have you then my life would be easier." Baekhyun fell silent. Baekhyun's mom went into her bedroom and slammed the door. 

Baekhyun lay on the couch and covered his body with blanket. Tears flowed from his eyes as he thought, "Eomma, should I just disappear so you can have a better life? "