The Encounter

Baekhyun's mom woke up at noon and she found the letter left by Baekhyun on the table in the living room. Baekhyun's mom took the letter and read it, "Eomma, I'm sorry if I have become a burden to you. Please stay healthy." Baekhyun's mom threw away the letter to the trash can, then she took a shower and got dressed then went to work at the pub. 

Meanwhile at the mini mart...

"You can keep the change," said the customer. "Thank you," Minseok said with a smile. When the customer left, the mini mart owner approached Minseok and said, "Did you just steal my money?" Minseok shook his head and replied, "That guy said I can keep the change."

"If he gives you inside the mini mart, that means he gives it to mini mart, not you. Put the money back now," said the mini mart owner. Minseok obediently put the change back to the cashier machine.

The mini mart owner's wife came bringing dinner to her husband. While waiting for her husband to finish eating, she collected all expired bread then put it into a plastic bag and gave it to Minseok. "Thank you," said Minseok.

The mini mart owner said to his wife, "You shouldn't give him those bread for free. He should at least pay half price for those bread." "But those bread have already expired. Better to give him rather than throw it away," said the mini mart owner's wife. "Who says I am gonna throw it away? We can change the expiration date and sell it. As long as those bread still look good from outside, someone will buy it," said the mini mart owner.

The mini mart owner's wife said to her husband, "It's hard to find someone who wants to work for us with a low payment. It's only expired bread, just give it to him so he will continue to work for us." "Okay," the mini mart owner replied. Minseok ate the expired melon bread and saved the expired mocha bread for tomorrow.

Meanwhile at Jongdae's house...

Jongdae was having dinner in the dining room when his mom got ready to go to dinner with her friends. Jongdae's dad came home from office. Jongdae's mom asked Jongdae's dad irritably, "Did you block my credit cards?" "I want you to stop spending my money. I need it to start a new company project," Jongdae's dad replied. 

"What company project? Don't lie to me! I didn't hear anything from the CEO about starting a new company project. Are you going to give the money to that woman? If that so, I want you to return my appa's company to me," said Jongdae's mom. "Fine! I'll return it to you and let's get divorce. I wanna see how you manage your appa's company without me," said Jongdae's dad. Jongdae quickly left his house without finishing his dinner.

Jongdae got off the taxi on the bridge, then he phoned Suho, Sehun and Kai but they didn't pick up the call because they were eating dinner with their families. Jongdae phoned his other friends to tell his problem but his friends quickly told him that they were busy so they didn't have time to listen to his problem.

Jongdae stayed on the bridge while thinking of many things, then he drowned in his thoughts for hours. When Jongdae flinched from his reveries, it was 11 PM already. Jongdae became really sad because nobody cared about him. Jongdae braved himself then jumped off the bridge.

On the other hand, Minseok who walked under the bridge saw Jongdae jump to the river. Minseok quickly dropped his plastic bag containing expired mocha bread, then he jumped into the river to save Jongdae.

Seeing Jongdae not breathing, Minseok quickly pinched Jongdae's nose and blew rescue breath into Jongdae's mouth then pumped Jongdae's chest. Jongdae coughed and spluttered water from his mouth when he breathed again.  

Jongdae asked irritably, "Why did you save me? Why didn't you let me die? Did I ask for help?" Minseok asked back, "How can I let someone die before my eyes without doing anything?" 

Suddenly Jongdae's stomach growled. Minseok gave his bread to Jongdae. Jongdae took a bite then spewed out the bread in his mouth. Jongdae saw the expiration date on the bread wrap and said irritably, "Yaa! Are you trying to kill me? Why did you give me an expired bread to eat?" Minseok got irritated and said, "Why are you complaining about eating expired bread when you want to suicide? At least you won't die in the state of hungry."

Jongdae dropped the expired mocha bread to the ground. Minseok quickly picked it up and said, "Yaa... If you don't want to eat it, you should give it back to me... I'm leaving. You can kill yourself after I leave. Bye." Jongdae mumbled irritably, "How can he easily tell me to commit suicide?"

Jongdae followed Minseok from afar while thinking, "What is he going to do with that expired bread? Is he going to eat it? Or giving it to his pet? " Jongdae's wet clothes dried on the body after walking for almost an hour. Jongdae was surprised when he saw Minseok entering an abandoned house.

Minseok was shocked when he arrived home. The living room was lit by the candle. Minseok asked, "Who are you? What are you doing in my house?" Baekhyun who was lying on the floor quickly rose to sit and said, "I'm sorry, I thought this house was uninhabited." Jongdae showed up from behind Minseok and asked in disbelief, "Woahh...Do you guys really live here?"