Standard of Living Difference

Minseok was surprised to know Jongdae following him to his house, he asked Jongdae, "What are you doing here? Didn't you say you wanted to kill yourself? Why did you follow me here?" Baekhyun said to Jongdae, "If you want to suicide, please take me with you." Jongdae said, "I don't have the courage to do it again after what I experienced earlier. Drowning in water is really terrifying."

Suddenly Jongdae's stomach growled. Jongdae wanted to order food online but his smartphone was broken because it was wet with river water. Jongdae said, "Can I borrow your handphone? I wanna order chicken steak online." "I don't have a handphone," said Minseok. Baekhyun showed his outdated handphone that could be used for calling and messaging only.

Jongdae grumbled, "Woahh... I can't believe it! ... How can I eat something if I can't order food?" "There is a mini mart which open 24 hours not far from here. I'll take you there if you want," said Minseok. "Okay," Jongdae replied. Baekhyun said, "Can I come with you two? I'm also hungry. I bought a lot of ramyeon but I can't cook it because there's no gas, no water and no electricity here."

Minseok, Jongdae and Baekhyun left the abandoned house and went to the mini mart that Minseok mentioned before.

Jongdae bought 2 large bags of potato chips and 1 can of soft drink while Baekhyun still looked for the cheapest food. Minseok only looked around because he had no intention to buy anything.

Baekhyun opened his wallet and counted his money while thinking, "Cup ramyeon is the cheapest food that can make stomach full, but it's still too expensive for me... Ahh, how long will I survive with the money given by eomma for paying 1 month school fee arrears? " Baekhyun bought a cup ramyeon with heavy heart.

Minseok, Jongdae and Baekhyun sat outside the mini mart. Jongdae ate his potato chips and drank his soft drink while Minseok gulped his saliva when the wind blew towards him carrying the aroma of Baekhyun's cup ramyeon.

"Woahh... This is really good... Cup ramyeon is really at another level compared to ramyeon... The noodle is softer... Woahh... No wonder the price is three times than ramyeon," Baekhyun said while eating his cup ramyeon.

Jongdae got curious, he asked Baekhyun, "Is the cup ramyeon really delicious?" Baekhyun nodded hard and said, "This is really delicious... Now I can die with no regret after tasting the cup ramyeon."

Jongdae went inside the mini mart to buy cup ramyeon. 5 minutes later one of the mini mart employees delivered 3 cups of ramyeon with different flavours to Jongdae's table. Minseok and Baekhyun gulped their saliva when their noses were attacked by the aroma of cup ramyeon.

Jongdae said excitedly, "This is my first time eating instant food. So, which one is the tastiest? I want to eat from the less tastiest so I can enjoy all of it." Baekhyun pointed to the cup that contained the same flavor as the one he bought and said, "This one is sure delicious but I don't know the other two. This is my first time eating cup ramyeon because it's too expensive for me." Minseok pointed to the other cup and said, "This one is the tastiest."

"Woahh... I never know that cup ramyeon is really tasty," Jongdae said after tasting all flavours. Baekhyun said to Jongdae, "Can I have a bit of your ramyeon broth? I want to taste two other flavours than I bought." Jongdae nodded. Baekhyun smiled and said, "Thank you." Baekhyun poured the ramyeon broth a little to his empty cup then drank it. "Woahh...My life is really complete now," Baekhyun said with a satisfied smile.

When Jongdae saw Minseok gulping saliva, he said to Minseok, "I'll buy one for you." Minseok asked happily, "Really?" Jongdae nodded. Minseok had a hard time in choosing because he actually wanted to taste it all.

Minseok asked Jongdae, "Can I have a sip of all flavours before I decide?" Jongdae asked back, "You've never eaten cup ramyeon too?" Minseok nodded and said, "Cup ramyeon is something out of my reach. I never want to buy it because I prefer to use my money for something more important like buying candles."

Baekhyun asked Minseok, "Then how do you know which one is the tastiest?" Minseok replied, "I work in a mini mart so I know which is the tastiest according to customers' choice. The tastiest one always sells faster." Jongdae and Baekhyun nodded while saying, "Aa~ I see."

Jongdae said to Minseok, "Okay, I'll buy 3 cups for you because you saved my life." Jongdae got up from his seat then walked into the mini mart. Minseok followed Jongdae, then he told Jongdae that he wanted to take it home so he could save it for later. Jongdae paid the cup ramyeon and Minseok thanked Jongdae gratefully.

"I'm leaving," said Jongdae. Baekhyun asked Jongdae, "What about your ramyeon and potato chips?" Jongdae said, "I'm already full." Minseok and Baekhyun asked at the same time, "Can I eat the leftover?" Baekhyun and Minseok stared at each other awkwardly while Jongdae looked at Baekhyun and Minseok confusedly.

Minseok said to Baekhyun, "Okay, you can have it." Baekhyun smiled and said, "I'll share it with you if you let me stay in your house." Minseok replied with a smile, "Deal." Jongdae said, "I'll buy the new one for you two." Baekhyun replied, "Okay, you can buy it for us but we'll still eat all this leftover food." Minseok talked to himself, "How can I waste the food that can still be eaten when I often eat expired food?"

Jongdae asked Minseok in disbelief, "Do you really often eat expired food?" Minseok nodded and said, "The expired bread you ate earlier is actually my breakfast for tomorrow." Baekhyun looked at Minseok and said gratefully, "Woahh I think I'm luckier than you. Although I'm poor but I've never eaten expired food."