True Love

Baekhyun returned to the abandoned house at night, he still couldn't find Minseok after searching all day. When Jongdae came, Baekhyun told Jongdae about Minseok.

Jongdae said, "Let's report Minseok hyung to the police as a missing person." "Okay," Baekhyun replied, then they both went to the police station. Jongdae left his phone number at the police office so the police could contact him if Minseok was found.

Baekhyun said, "Jongdae-ah, please tell Minseok hyung that I thank him for letting me stay at his house, also I'm sorry for leaving him." Jongdae asked, "Are you leaving? Where are you going?" "I wanna go home. My eomma is sick," Baekhyun replied.

Jongdae said, "I will tell Minseok hyung later. Let me send you home. I wanna know where you live." Baekhyun nodded, then he packed all his belonging and left the abandoned house with Jongdae.

"Thanks a lot, Jongdae-ah," said Baekhyun, then he got off the taxi and went inside his house. Seeing his house in a mess, Baekhyun cleaned and tidied his house while waiting for his mom to come home.

When Baekhyun's mom came home and saw Baekhyun, she beat Baekhyun while shouting angrily, "Why did you come back here??? Didn't I tell you not to come back again??? Go away!!! I don't want to see you again!!!" Baekhyun grabbed his mom's hand, stopping his mom from beating him, then he said, "Eomma... I won't leave you again. I promise. I know you are sick. Please quit your job and let me take care of you."

Baekhyun's mom laughed cynically then said angrily, "How are you going to look after me?? Do you know how much money I need to cure my illness?? Are you going to sell your organs (body's part) to get money to treat my illness?? I should have aborted you when your appa left me... I sacrificed my life for you but what I got??... Nothing!!! You left school when you almost graduated from high school!!" Baekhyun fell silent.

Baekhyun's mom said with tears, "It's sad to know that I have no future but knowing that you also have no future like me really breaks my heart... Raising you for years is futile because you are just a big failure like me." Baekhyun cried. Baekhyun's mom went into her bedroom to cry.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Jongdae got a call from the police, telling him that Minseok was detained at the police station. The mini mart owner had washed his hands from Kyungsoo's little sister's case and threw all his mistakes at Minseok.

Jongdae begged his parents to help Minseok but his parents scolded him and told him not to be friends with Minseok because his parents believed that Minseok would only bring troubles to him.

Baekhyun returned to school after months of absence, but he easily caught up the lessons he missed because he was smart. Baekhyun was always ignored by his mom at home and Baekhyun didn't dare to talk to his mom because he was afraid his mom would really kick him out from home.

Baekhyun's mom still worked at the pub as waitress only, she stopped sleeping with men to earn money, she borrowed money from her boss to pay Baekhyun's school fees, she promised her boss to pay her debt little by little when Baekhyun got a job after graduating from high school.

Jongdae's parents offered Minju and Luhan to stay in their house when Minju's house was under renovation. Jongdae's dad always took his family and Minju also Luhan to go out together every Sunday.  

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Baekhyun's mom walked into a painting gallery with the scarf bought by Baekhyun in her hand. The painting gallery owner was shocked when he saw Baekhyun's mom. "What brings you here? I thought you never wanted to see me again," said the painting gallery owner.

Baekhyun's mom gave the scarf to the painting gallery owner and said, "I came to return this. I remember I clearly told you not to send me gifts anymore." The painting gallery owner replied, "That scarf is not from me."

Baekhyun's mom asked in surprise, "Really??" The painting gallery owner nodded and said, "After all, if it's really from me, shouldn't the scarf be much more expensive one?... Byun Jungsoo, I'm still single." Baekhyun's mom laughed then asked, "So what?"

The painting gallery owner said, "I will stay single until I die because the only woman I love has rejected me 3 years ago." Baekhyun's mom said, "I just don't understand you... How can you fall in love with a woman like me? With your status you can find a lot of women who are a hundred times better than me."

The painting gallery owner held Baekhyun's mom's hand and said, "Then you should tell God not to create a human heart that can fall in love easily without rules and conditions... I don't know myself why I fell in love with you when I first saw you in pub on my friend's birthday 5 years ago... I only know I want to be with you."

Baekhyun's mom looked into the painting gallery owner's eyes and said, "I am HIV positive." The painting gallery owner was really shocked so that he let go of Baekhyun's mom's hand reflexively. 

Baekhyun's mom walked away while saying in her heart, "Stop me from leaving if you really love me." Baekhyun's mom left the painting gallery with a sad laugh while saying in her heart, "I guess he doesn't really love me."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Baekhyun's mom was shocked when she saw the painting gallery owner standing in front of her house with Baekhyun who kept smiling when she came home from work. 

"Sorry for taking a week to come here, Jungsoo-ah. I was really shocked and my mind went blank... After thinking for days, I finally realized that my feelings for you didn't change," said the painting gallery owner, then he took out a white gold ring and knelt on one knee, then he said, "Byun Jungsoo... Will you marry me?" 

Baekhyun looked at his mom, anticipating his mom's answer, he really hoped his mom would say yes this time. After a long silence, Baekhyun's mom said, "I will marry you when I've recovered. Will you wait for me?" The painting gallery owner replied, "I'll wait patiently no matter how long it takes." Baekhyun mumbled in his heart disappointedly, "Eomma, did you just reject him softly? "

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Baekhyun's mom was hospitalized immediately. The painting gallery owner visited Baekhyun's mom everyday and took care of the hospital bills.

Jongdae's dad who came to the hospital for his annual medical check up accidentally met Baekhyun's mom in the elevator. Jongdae's dad ushered Baekhyun's mom to her VIP inpatient room while asking why she was hospitalized. Baekhyun's mom lied by saying she had problem with her gastric.

When Jongdae's dad was about to leave Baekhyun's mom's room, Baekhyun came in and said, "Eomma, painter ahjussi asked me to accompany eomma because he has a painting exhibition in France this weekend." Jongdae's dad was shocked, he looked at Baekhyun then looked at Baekhyun's mom and asked confusedly, "Eomma???"