the seungri sitch

yo so guys a lot of fucking crazy as mf shit has occured since ive been last on this account but i feel like not many of us truly understand what has happened w the seungri situation bc its been going on too long.

idk bout u but halfway thru i couldnt be fucked following it bc soO much has happened. so this chapter is here explaining what went on from the start to finish.

BACKGROUND INFORMATION

so, seungri was one of the directors of a south korean club called 'burning sun' which opened on february 23rd 2018 in gangnam. he was closely affiliated to the point it was colloquially known as 'seungri club'. known to be a very high-end, luxury club, it sold rare bottles of alcohol and was frequented by celebrities.

one of the shareholders (owns 20% of shares) of burning sun is a company called 'Yuri Holdings', which seungri is a co-founder of. it is a company that manages his businesses, alongside w a man called yoo in-seok.

seungri was well-known for his endeavours, dubbed as the korean 'great gatsby' and his fellow members were very open about his clubbing and business lifestyle on variety shows. so it isn't like people are surprised by the situation, just at how disgusting it has become.

so what is seungri's relationship with the other people on the gc?

the people confirmed on the gc at the moment: JUNG JOONYOUNG, CHOI JONGHOON, ROY KIM, EDDY KIM, LEE JONGHYUN, YONG JUNHYUNG.

so, seungri went on a salty tour (variety show) with joonyoung  in 2018, where it was revealed they were long-time friends. however, their episode generated controversy because they were making sexually motivated jokes about women. at one point seungri told sejeong (gugudan) to pour him a drink, which was controversial.

it was even met with a disciplinary from the korea communications standards commission so it was v v deep. joonyoung's not innocent tho, he's been involved in scandals previously. for example, he apparently taped having sex with his ex-girlfriend; though the charges were dropped later.

roy kim was friends with joonyoung since they both participated in superstar k4. jonghoon, the leader of ft. island, was caught not only being involved in the scandal but it also revelaed he was able to dodge a publicised drink driving charge, with the help of the very corrupt police. eddy kim had also been in superstar k4 and a close friend of joonyoung.

so obviously i'm not going to go into complete detail as to what happened daily as the escapades unfold because tbh it's still ongoing and who has time to read all about it? so i'm just going to touch onto the main parts of it.

jan 28: allegations.

so, this is when people started coming forward saying they had been assaulted in the burning sun club. kim sang-kyo, a 29 year old, claimed he was assaulted by staff whilst trying to help a woman. he was arrested, but began a petition claiming that he was mistreated by police and the staff, garnering over 200,000 signatures. this meant the korean government had to reply.

jan 31: continuation

the seoul police had now gotten involved because it began spiralling out of control. cctv footage revealed women being assaulted and drugged, being dragged down the hallway into the club vip rooms. they were to be raped. people began pointing fingers and linking seungri's involvement in the club with the mess. yg got involved also, claiming seungri was not at the club whilst this was all occurring.

feb 2: seungri's apology

he apologized very late on instagram, saying though he wasn't there at the club, he should've taken responsibility from the start. this guy was too busy touring and withdrawing money out of his fans to care, wbk.

feb 26: the kakaotalk messages

this is where the tea begins!!!!!! get ready yall. it's absolutely fucking disgusting. sbs reveal messages from a kakao talk including seungri and the others (at this point we know seungri's the only celeb involved, the others get revealed later). in this gc, which dates back to 2015, he's talking about handing prostitutes to foreign investors, who were coming to seoul. the next day he's questioned by the police and given a drug test. he denies this. the messages are very disgusting, one saying, after making arrangements with a man w the surname kim, 'what about the girls? give them the easy girls'. fucking trash.

march 10: the arresting

seungri's arrested on charges for sex bribery. he resigns.

march 11: kakaotalk messages again

at this point we learn joonyoung's involved, and it has thousands of chats regarding sex tapes and prostitituon. videos of raping women and sex tapes, one being with the deceased acrtress jang jayeon. her suicide note says during her tenure, she was forced to have sex with thirty men.

march 12: joonyoung's booked

he gets arrested for his involvement in illegal video sharing and filming with more than 10 women. and he admits to them, resigning too. and also apologizes (like that makes a fucking difference).

march 14-21st: more idols get revealed and joonyoung's arrested

junhyung and jonghoon also resign from entertainment once being clocked out that they were in the gc. jonghyun admits he's involved too, saying he watched the videos and made misogynistic comments about the women. at one point he asks the gc if he could have 'young, pretty kind' women he could have sex with and 'play with'. other celebs affected by this was cha taehyun and kim junho. joonyoung's arrested on the 21st.

april 2nd: moreeeee chats

we find out that there were 23 different group chats with 16 participants. more names are revealed – kangin from superjunior was in one of the gcs bc he was in a tv show with him in 2016. jinwoon from 2am and a model lee cheolwoo also had been in the gcs.

april 6th: hwang hana

toilet yoochun's ex fiancée, hwang hana, was arrested on drug charges, having used crystal meth. she blamed yoochun (this is a whole nother mess for another time).

april 11th: embezzlement charges

seungri and yoo, the guy i talk about at the beginning are charged with embezzlement allegations. a petition is made which requests investigations of new allegations at the club.

RECENT DAYS:

investigations are ongoing, seungri's business partner admits to the charges of hiring prostititues, and seungri's being a little bitch with the arrest, denying all charges. the first gc victim files a police complaint, and there are arrests made to those in the gc.

sooooo, my opinion in all of this.

we can't sit around claiming our 'oppas' are angels now. we don't fucking know them. i fw seungri so much before this, but now he's utter fucking trash. i used to think he was just living his best life, in a popular boy group and making money on the side, but little did i know. this shit is serious and we shouldn't take it lightly. i hope none of us in the future choose to un-cancel these fucktards because those poor girls that had suffered under their perverted eyes don't deserve this.

i hope y'all are more informed with the events and don't be surprised when more shit is revealed. hopefully our biases aint involved but i'm not gon' expect anything.

byeeee

- dw