Doctor (TH)

3rd person POV.

The ambulance pulls into the side of the hospital and nurses walk out to pull the gurney out of the ambulance.

They pull it out and they start checking up on the patient.

You were getting ready to look over the patient.

As they pushed the gurney into a room and started setting up the room, setting up the monitors to look over the patient.

"On my count we move. 1...2...3!"

They love the patient to the bed.

You pull your gloves on as you walk to the room.

"Y/n I don't think you should look over this one." Your friend comes up to you.

"It's my job, I have to." You say making a right turn.

You get to the doors and try to go in.

"I really think you don't." A nurse walks up to you, blocking you from the door.

"Doctor Holland I really don't think so." She says persisting.

"And why not?" You ask

Before they could answer you open the doors and you look to the patient.

Your eyes widen and your breathing stops.

Tom.

Tom was on the bed.

Mask on his face helping him breathe, needles attached to his body, heart monitor beeping.

Your husband was on that bed.

You start shaking and your eyes tear up.

"Doctor Holland, we will do anything to save him alright? But you can't do this, you know the rule, family members can't do surgeries on their own family. So please leave." Dr. Rhodes says

You silently nod, taking the gloves off your shaking hands, tears streaming down your cheeks.

You walk out the door quietly shaking.

"Ma'am, please sit down." The nurse asks you.

You sit and start breathing heavily, letting sobs rack your body.

"What happened?" You ask

"Car crash ma'am. He was driving and a drunk driver hit him from what I've heard." She says

Then Harrison comes running in and sees you sat down crying.

"Y/n!" He says

You look up and see Harrison.

He holds you tightly and lets your cry into his shoulder, his own tears soaking your coat.

When you calmed down, you got paged to another room and told Haz you had to go.

"But please, tell me when he wakes up. I'll visit him as soon as I'm off here." You say

"Of course." Haz answers.

You stand up and head to the room that they needed you in.

•••

"Y/n you can go home now." My boss says

I nod.

"Can I stay here, actually? My husband.. he-." You start

"Of course, I'm so sorry for what happened to him." She says

"Thank you. He'll get better, he's always been a fighter." You smile.