Waltz Part 1 (TH)

Hey loves! Before I continue writing, I just wanted to say, I am aware Tom is now in a relationship, well not really sure if they are but it seems like it I think? They've been posting together a lot lol.
This does not mean I will stop writing x readers with him and his many characters in movies, I love writing these stories for you guys. So yeah.
Also,I apologize for going on a sort of hiatus for about 3 weeks/ about a month, I've had writers blocks with not only this book, but my other imagines book as well.

So I'm very sorry about that and I hope ya'll understand 💜

Anyways, this song is one of my favorites from the movie Enchanted, one of my favorites!

Enjoy loves!

3rd person POV

Y/n smiled at the people as she walked by them into the ballroom, she was a commoner from the kingdom and today was the day where her best friend, the prince, would be choosing his wife.

She  worked in the palace and that's how they became friends, he would sneak into the kitchen to play with her

The two grew up together and one was never seen without the other by their side.

Y/n harbored a crush for her best friend, but she never told anyone.

She is happy with her relationship with the prince, watching him get married would hurt yes, but if he is happy she'll be happy for him.

She is wearing a beautiful dress that the queen got her, she insisted that she get her one because she was like her daughter and grew up with her sons, even helping look after Paddy and the twins when they were born and were growing up.

(Or ya'll can pick something else

(Or ya'll can pick something else.)

She spotted her best friend by one of the waiters, taking a small sandwich and eating it all in one bite.

Y/n laughs and started walking towards him.

Tom had somehow sensed her and turned in her direction, another sandwich in his hands.

His jaw drops and as soon as he saw Y/n, but as soon as she stood by his side his mouth clamped shut.

"Hey" she smiles

"H-Hi" He stutters

"Cat got your tongue Tommy?" She giggles

He chuckles and smiles at the girl.

"Anyone caught your eye yet?" She asks, scanning the room and seeing a lot of gorgeous eligible women that Tom can pick to be with for the rest of his life.

"No one really." He says

"You better chose wisely, you'll be spending the rest of the life with this girl. She'll be queen too, you need someone responsible and cares about you and the kingdom." She says, eyes still scanning the ballroom.

He turns to her and looks her up and down with adoring eyes.

"They did say any woman was eligible..." he mutters under his breath.

Y/n turns to him and hums in confusion.

"Nothing darling." He smiles

(Play song now!)

"And now ladies and gentlemen, it is time to dance The King and Queen's Waltz." The director says

The music begins and a man walks up to the mic in the center of the stage that was set up with an orchestra.

"You're in my arms
And all the world is calm
The music playing on for only two
So close together
And when I'm with you
So close to feeling alive"

Tom holds his hand out to Y/n.

She smiles softly and takes a hold of his hand.

He leads her to the middle of the dance floor where other couples have migrated to to join in on the waltz.

"A life goes by
Romantic dreams must die
So I bid my goodbye
And never knew
So close, was waiting
Waiting here with you
And now, forever, I know
All that I wanted
To hold you so close"

Through the music Tom couldn't take his eyes off the girl standing in front of him, her hair was styled in a beautiful way and her dress was gorgeous and it really accentuated her beauty.

He twirls her and then continues to dance with her, the two dancing away like there was no tomorrow.

"So close to reaching
That famous happy end
Almost believing
This one's not pretend
And now you're beside me
And look how far we've come
So far we are, so close"

They dance to the beautiful song being played on various instruments, dancing in sync, eyes not leaving each other even once. Tom just stared at her in awe at how stupid he was for not realizing he was feeling this way about her sooner.

"Oh how could I face the faceless days
If I should lose you now"

Overwhelmed by emotion tears filled her eyes for a bit and a single tear fell, she was thinking this may be the last time she'd do this with Tom, he'll be engaged after tonight.

Suddenly she felt a hand on her cheek and she looks back at Tom.

"We're so close to reaching
That famous happy end
Almost believing
This one's not pretend
Let's go on dreaming
For we know we are
So close, so close
And still so far"

Their faces are now very close to each other, she felt Tom's breath fan across her lips.

She so desperately wanted to kiss him, but knowing he'd be engaged after this... she decided against it.

She cleared her throat and pulled away from him.

She swore she could see sadness cloud his eyes for a bit, but she thought she was just seeing things again.

"Tom, its time." Harry, one of Tom's brothers says.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
I am so sorry I haven't updated in at least a month, I got hit by writers block and haven't had any ideas for my books.
There will be a part two and I hope I will get more ideas soon!!!
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!
Have a great day and stay awesome guys!
-Allyssa 💜❤️🦄
Word count: 1018
Written: 8/10/20
Published:8/10/20