Chapter 1

Camila was scared to go back to school. She was scared about what her friends and people were going to say about her.

She finally presented over the summer. She was a late bloomer but it happened when she turned seventeen. She can remember the look on her parents face when they smelt her.

She presented as an omega. They were the rarest type of wolf and seen has the weakest. In some packs, omegas were cherished and worshipped because they were seen as the givers and peacemakers of the world. They gave birth to healthy babies that would later form into strong wolves and omegas were seen as exceptionally beautiful.

But most people especially alphas, sees them as nothing but fucktoys and weak wolfs to dominate. Alphas did whatever they could to get an omega because omegas were much more appealing than betas, and being so rare made alphas want them more.

Other supernatural creatures like vampires also saw omegas as easy prey but vampires lived in harmony amongst the wolves now for many years now. There were still vampires and werewolves at war with each other but most remained civil.

Her friends were werewolves just like her, Normani and Ally had presented as betas last year. Her other friends, Dinah and Lauren had presented as alphas and this scared Camila. What if she couldn't be around Dinah and Lauren anymore. She was really afraid of loosing Lauren because she was her best friend after all. They've been friends since they were little.

"We're here Camilta" The brunette's mom, Sinu breaks her out of her thoughts. She gives her mom a scared look as she peers at the high school, not at all excited to go.

Her mom gives her a sympathetic smiles, "It's going to be okay, your friends are there"

"What if they don't want to be friends with me anymore?" Camila nervously says looking down at her hands.

"If so, they were never really true friends but I do believe they'll still want to be friends with you." Her mom assures her.

Camila opens the door and steps out the car, giving her mom a wave goodbye. She walks to the school building and stops in front of the double sided door. Taking a deep breath, she pushes open the doors, making her way down the hallway.

A few people stop their conversations when they smell her as she walks past. Vampires and werewolves begin to murmur amongst each other and the latina picks up the pace, wanting to find her friends.

She sighs in relief when she spots them standing at Lauren's locker. Camila nervously makes her way to the group and Ally immediately spots her, a huge smile spreading across her face.

The rest of the group turns to look at her and they all have excited smiles on their faces.

As she gets closer to them she sees Dinah frowning a bit as she sniffs the air. "Hi guys." Camila quietly greets, not standing to close to them.

She's scared shitless, she knows that they can definitely smell her now. Normani is the first one to break the silence, going in for a hug.

Camila lets out a shakey breath and hugs her tightly in return. Ally then goes to hug her too, giving the girl a tight squeeze. 

The two alphas stare at her nervously, both not knowing what to say or do. "Oh come on, it's not like Camila has changed completely, she's just an omega" Normani breaks the awkward tension, rolling her eyes.

Dinah then takes a step closer to her, embracing her into a hug, "I missed you Mila" the alpha smiles and Camila smiles back, happy that Dinah still wanted to be friends with her.

However the other alpha still stood there unmoving. The alpha's green eyes pierced into Camila's chocolate brown ones. The smaller brunette hesitantly took a step forward, wanting to give her best friend a hug.

But Lauren stumbles back, when the omega gets to close. A pained look appears on Camila's face when her best friend looks at her like she's seen a ghost.

"I um, I gotta do" Lauren finally speaks, bolting away from the group and Camila stands watching as the alpha scrambles away from her.

Tears well up in Camila's eyes, sad that her best friend doesn't want to be friends with her anymore. "Hey it's okay" Ally hugs her, rubbing her back soothingly.

"She doesn't want to be my friend anymore." Camila whimpers and many of the students watched them closely.

"What the fuck are you looking at?" Dinah growled causing many of the students to look or scurry away. Many people were scared of her as she was one of the strongest alphas at this school.

"No Mila, I'm sure Lauren still wants to be your friend. I think that she was just in a little shock" Normani tells her, but Camila isn't convinced.

"I'll go talk to her and see what she has to say." Dinah says before running off to find the other alpha.

She knows exactly where Lauren ran off to and makes her way to the school roof. Dinah opens the door to the roof and spots Lauren standing by the railings breathing heavily.

"Hey Ralph, you okay" Dinah slowly takes a step towards Lauren. The other alpha lets out a warning growl for her not to come closer and Dinah stops dead in her tracks.

"I don't know what's wrong with me" Lauren frustratingly growls, gripping on the metal railings. She can feel her fangs and claws coming out but she uses all of her control to stop that from happening.

Dinah slowly takes a step forward, not wanting to aggravate the much stronger alpha, "Deep breathes Lauren, think about something happy"

Lauren closes her now red eyes, taking deep breathes. Her mind instantly goes to the newly presented omega, thinking about the time the spent together last summer as care free teenagers. She thinks about her best friends beautiful smile and how it made everyone melt that was in her pathway.

Her breaths eventually slows down and her claws and fangs retract. She opens her eyes and turns to the taller girl that is giving her a worried look.

"You okay now?" Dinah steps forward, looking carefully for any signs of aggression. Lauren nods her head, exhaling and immediately apologises to her friend.

"I'm so sorry you had to see that Dinah, I don't what came over me" Lauren shamefully says and Dinah gives her a small smile.

"It's okay Ralph, do you know what triggered it?"

"I don't know, one minute I was fine and the next minute Camila comes near me and her smell just overwhelmed my senses and I couldn't think straight." Lauren runs her hands through her hair.

"I think you must just be in shock because she has presented as an omega, but you'll get use to it" Dinah explains and Lauren nods her head in agreement.

"So how about we return to our friends and you give Camila the greeting that you were meant to give earlier." The blonde exits the roof and Lauren stands there for a moment before following Dinah.

A/N

I haven't written a story like this before but I wanted to try something new. I hope anyone that read this enjoyed it and comment if you have any suggestions xx