Chapter 18

"Is anyone going to explain to me what the hell happened back there?!" Halsey exclaims pacing up and down.

The seven girls are currently at Dinah's house and are gathered around in the living room.

Camila sat curled up in a ball on the sofa with her head between her legs. She's still trying to process what just happened and Lauren sat on the other end of the sofa, stealing quick glances at the omega.

"Girl, I'm going to need you to calm down." Dinah says to Halsey, sensing Camila's distress.

"Don't tell me to calm down when your omega almost killed a very strong vampire without much effort." Halsey shouts, getting into Dinah's personal space.

"If you don't move out my face, I'm going to knock your teeth in." Dinah threatens.

"I'd like to see you try little pup." Halsey smirks, making Dinah'a blood boil even more.

"Okay guys back off." Normani sighs, getting in between them.

"I'm still waiting for someone to explain what happened back at the warehouse." Shay speaks up, watching Camila carefully.

"She's the beast." Normani answers, trying to push Halsey and Dinah away from each other

"The what now?" Shay asks and Halsey whips her head to look at Normani.

"Nah, now you're just talking shit. The beast has been dead for decades and you can't expect me to believe that an omega is the beast, no offence." Halsey nods towards Camila who hasn't looked up yet.

"Watch your mouth." Lauren growls at Halsey and Halsey holds her hands up in surrender.

"I still have no idea what you're talking about. What is the beast?" Shay questions

"Well from what I have researched so far and from what my grandma has told me, it's wolf with very strong abilities. Like Camila has another spirit or soul in her body." Normani tries to explain, but Shay still looks confused.

"She's like the hulk basically." Dinah smirks and Ally rolls her eyes at Dinah's reference.

Camila suddenly gets up, startling everyone and storms her way up to Dinah's room and slams the door closed.

"Is she not a fan of the hulk?" Dinah asks and Ally shakes her head, muttering curses under her breath.

"I think she's feeling overwhelmed, I'm going to go check on her." Lauren gets up and makes her way to the omega.

"Camila?" Lauren softly knocks on the door and slowly opens it.

Camila stood by Dinah's window, staring blankly outside.

"Camila." Lauren says again.

"Go away Lauren." Camila growls out but it sounds more like a whimper to Lauren . She kept her back facing Lauren, not daring to look at the alpha.

"Baby." Lauren gently coos, taking slow steps towards Camila. Lauren reaches out to touch Camila but flinches when Camila quickly turns around to face her.

"Go away!" Camila shouts, her voice cracking a bit from the lump in her throat. Lauren stares back at the girl in front of her that's trying to blink back her tears.

Lauren wraps her arms around the omega and Camila instantly leans into her and starts crying. "I'm sorry." Camila sobs into Lauren's neck and grips tightly on Lauren's shirt.

"It's okay Camz." Lauren whispers into her ear, rubbing her neck soothingly.

"It's not okay Lauren!" Camila pushes off Lauren's chest, taking a step back to look at her.

"This is the second time I almost killed someone! I couldn't control myself. Seeing you like that but something snap inside of me and he was going to hurt you even more and I couldn't let that happen." Camila tries to explain herself but Lauren doesn't know what to say.

"And the worst thing about this is that you looked at me like I was some type of monster. You had fear in your eyes Lauren." Camila cries and Lauren quickly shakes her head, cupping Camila's face between her eyes.

"Hey, you're not a monster. You were only trying to protect me and you don't know how to control this part of yourself yet. It's okay. We are going to work through this together and try to figure things out" Lauren says staring into her eyes and Camila stares back, searching for any doubt in Lauren's eyes.

Camila responds by burying her head back into Lauren neck and the two stay like that for a moment, content in each other's arms.

"You still have blood on your face you know." Camila speaks up turning to look up at Lauren.

"Stay here." Camila whispers and leaves Dinah's room and comes back with a wet cloth.

She sits Lauren down on the bed, and slowly begins wiping away the dry blood.

"What were you doing fighting at that warehouse." Camila asks as she wipes Lauren's nose. "I needed to let off some steam." Lauren answers, staring at Camila.

"Why?"

"My parents left me." Lauren blurts out, causing Camila to halt her actions. "What?"

"They went to live somewhere else for their business and thought that it's best if I stay here." Lauren sadly says, trying not to cry. She couldn't cry now while Camila was still feeling pretty down herself.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Camila questions, gently wiping away the tear that fell down Lauren's cheek. Lauren simply shrugs, "I'm not important to them I guess, I'm just a burden."

"Hey, you're not a burden. Your parents are stupid for leaving behind someone so special and amazing. Don't ever think you're a burden or not important because you mean everything to me and more. And all our friends would think the same" Camila tells her and Lauren gives her a teary smile, nodding her head.

"And next time please talk to me when you feel like this again. I don't think I can handle seeing you get beat up again." Camila winces at the memory.

"I had everything under control, I was getting ready to knock that guy out. I was just giving him a head start." Lauren playfully says and Camila rolls her eyes at the alpha's ego.

"You had me thinking that you were with someone else because you were acting so weird." Camila shakes her head and Lauren frowns.

"Camz you know you're the only person for me, I would never dream of being with someone else." Lauren assures her

"Yeah I know, my insecurities got the best of me and we're not like officially together and-"

"Camila will you do me the honour of being my girlfriend." Lauren asks with a smile on her face, catching Camila completely off guard.

"Seriously, this is how you're going to ask me?" Camila crosses her arms and Lauren's face falls.

"I'm kidding babe, of course I'll be you're girlfriend." Camila laughs, pulling Lauren in for a kiss.

"You had me scared there for a second, Camz." Lauren says before kissing Camila gently on the lips. They pull away when they both here a crash downstairs.

"Ugh I think we better go back downstairs before Halsey and Dinah kill each other." Lauren shakes her head taking Camila's hand into hers. Camila on the other hand, couldn't wipe the smile off her face. Lauren Jauregui is her girlfriend.

A/N

Decided to do a double update because someone commented that my previous chapter is shorter than her friends dick lol 🤷‍♀️ (it made me cackle)