Chapter 8

"Mom, Dad?" Lauren scanned the packed suitcases sacked out in the living room. They were both busy talking over the phone, not even noticing Lauren entering the house.

"Hello!" Lauren says a little louder, getting their attention. "Oh Lauren, your father and I are moving to Paris." Her mother tells her uninterested, counting her bags to ensure they were all there.

Lauren stares dumbfounded at her parents that didn't seem to care about the situation at all. "You're moving?! What about me?" Lauren exclaims.

"Well your father and I have left you money that I assure you is over enough and you can call us if you need anything." Her mother explains and calls the shofar to collect the bags and put them in the car.

"So you're going to leave me here alone?" Lauren felt her voice crack a bit. She knew her parents didn't care for her that much. It's not like the neglected her and never gave her anything, in fact they give her anything she wanted so that she would leave them alone to work. They just cared more about making money and their business than they ever did about her. Lauren wasn't even supposed to be in the picture but her parents had been careless which resulted in Lauren and her mother made sure to never make the same mistake again, leaving Lauren without any brothers or sisters.

"Bye, make sure to keep up the Jauregui name." Her father kissed her forehead before heading out, while her mother just waved goodbye.

Lauren now stood in the huge house, not knowing how to feel. Tears threatened to leave her eyes but she blinked them back, hearing her mother's voice saying that tears are for the weak.

Besides she has no right to be sad. Dinah has been living by herself for a while now, ever since her parents died. Lauren clenched her jaw, refusing to cry and decided to let her feelings out another way.

She phoned one of the few people that crossed her mind. "Hey Shay. Yeah I'm good, do you wanna come over? My parents aren't home. Okay I'll see you in a few then." Lauren ended the call.

"Shawn no. My parents are probably wondering why I'm taking to long to get home." Camila tried to say, in between the kisses Shawn was giving her.

"Fine, but I'm going to miss you." He smiles at her, giving Camila one more kiss. "Are you sure that you don't want me to drive you the rest of the way?" Shawn offers but Camila politely declines. "No I don't want my parents asking questions." She gives him a kiss on the cheek and exists the vehicle.

Darkness was creeping over but, luckily for Camila she was only a few minutes away from her house. While she walked to her house, she felt like she was being watched. Every now and then she would look over her shoulder to make sure that there wasn't anyone follow her.

She eventually got to her house, closing the door quickly behind her and letting out a breath that she didn't know she was holding.

"And where were you?" Camila's mother cocked her eyebrow. Camila gave her a cheeky smile, trying to come up with an excuse about why she was so late. "I was working on a project with Mani." She tells her mom the first thing that came to her mind.

"Mhm." Her mother said, not believing her. "Camila you know you're not supposed to be walking out so late since you're a..." Her mother didn't finish her sentence but Camila knew what she was implying.

"Yeah I know, where's dad?" Camila desperately wanted to change the subject. "You know, another late night at work." Her mother brushed it off as if it were nothing but Camila could tell something wasn't right.