Chapter 13

Lauren felt something hit her arm and then something else hit her head that made her groan in pain. "Ow. What the hell?" Lauren groans sleepy, sitting up to see what is bothering her.

"What are you doing in my daughter's bed?" Camila's mom stood towering over her, making Lauren sink into the bed in fear.

"Ms Cabello, it's not what it looks like." Lauren gulps and her eyes wonder fearfully at the shoe in Camila's mother's hand. "So you sleeping next to my half naked daughter who's in heat shouldn't make me think you're taking advantage of her." Sinuhe narrows her eyes at Lauren and lifts the shoe higher, getting ready to strike.

Lauren holds her hands up in fear. "I swear Ms Cabello, I would never force myself or take advantage of your daughter when she's vulnerable." Lauren quickly defends herself and Sinuhe stares at her for a while longer.

"Oh Lauren. Do you really think I would think so low of you? I've known you since you were little and that you would never hurt my daughter." Sinuhe laughs, setting the shoe down and Lauren sighs in relief.

"I would never harm Camila. She wanted me to stay with her because she didn't want to be alone." Lauren explains herself, getting offthe bed.

Sinuhe nods, checking on Camila to see if she is okay. "She's pretty tired. She actually just fell asleep, so I would just let her rest. I'm also gonna go, because that I know you will be here to look after her. Bye Ms Cabello." Lauren politely greets, walking to the door.

"Lauren wait."

"Yes?" Lauren tilts her head.

"Thank you for staying with her and taking care of her. You're always so good to her and I hope that one day she wakes up and sees that you're the one for her." Sinuhe smiles and Lauren can't help but blush and duck her head.

"Thank you Ms Cabello. I do love her... very much." Lauren gives Sinuhe one final nod before leaving the Cabello household.

Camila stays at home for the next six days until her heat finished. Her mother didn't allow anyone to visit her and her father didn't want to come home until her heat was finished.

"I think my heat is finally over mami." Camila announces, plopping down next to her mom on the sofa. "You're feeling okay?" Her mother questions, bringing her hand to Camila's forehead.

"Yeah. I can't wait to go back to school on Monday. I don't think I can stay any longer cooped up in this house." Camila dramatically sighs causing her mom to chuckle.

"You know, Lauren came by everyday. She didn't come in though. She just wanted to make sure that you were okay." Sinuhe smiles fondly and Camila feels her heart rate pick up.

"Mami, how did you know that Dad was the one?" Camila asks and she feels her mom stiffen a bit.

"You just know." Her mom simply answers but Camila frowns, opening her mouth to question further.

"Why do you ask?" Her mom quickly says, wanting to get the attention off of her.

Camila feels a blush creepy up her neck, "I think I really like someone mami. This person makes me feel all kinds of things and it kinda scares me."

"Does this person make you happy?"

"Really happy mami! But they think that I don't like them back and I'm too scared to tell them and get rejected." Camila sadly says and her mother gives her a soft smile.

"Maybe you should tell this person before it's too late. If they reject you, they were never the right person for you anyways." Sinuhe advises her and Camila nods and stands up.

"Can I borrow your car?" Camila asks and her mother gives her a weary look.

"You just finished your heat and you got your licence not too long ago."

"Please mami, I have to do this." Camila pleads and her mother sighs and nods.

"Thank you, I promise I'll be safe." Camila gives her mom a quick kiss on the cheek and runs out the house with the keys to the car.

Camila takes her phone and quickly dials a number.

"Hello?"

"Hey, can you meet me outside your house in a few minutes? It's important." Camila says, pulling out the driveway.

"Yeah, sure."

"Okay see you in a few." Camila hangs up the phone and drives to her destination.

Camila nervously gets out the car when she reaches the house and spots a figure sitting on the porch.

"Hey." Camila smiles.

"Hey." Shawn greets back and moves to give Camila a hug. "What did you want to talk about." Shawn asks, making Camila let a shakey breath.

"Um I don't know how to start or say this but I just wanna say thank you for being so kind and nice to me when you didn't have to. I really like you but not in the way you want me to. You haven't done anything wrong it's just... I have feelings for someone else" Camila nervously tells him and Shawn's face falls.

"Oh."

"It's nothing personal because you're a really good person and any girl would be lucky to have you. It's just someone stole my heart already and it just took me a while to figure it out." Camila adds on.

"It's cool Mila. We're still friends?" Shawn smiles and Camila grins back at him.

"Yeah." She moves to give him and hug.

"I actually have to go, but see you at school" Camila says walking back to her car and Shawn nods.

Shawn stares at the car driving off into the distance and the smile on his face turns into an angry scowl. He clenches his fists and can feel his fangs extending.

He inhales deeply, someone is going to die.

Camila eventually made it outside the Jauregui household and knocks on the door. Camila furrows her eyebrows when nobody answers the door. She peaks through the garage window and spots Lauren's car, confirming that the girl is at home.

Camila stands there thinking for a bit and remembers that Lauren showed her where they put the spare key. Camila quickly digs around one of the pot plants and pulls out the key.

She uses it to enter the large house and Camila notices that the house is very quiet. She stood there listening to her surroundings and heard music coming from the basement.

She finds the door leading down to the basement and makes her way down the stares.
The music become louder the further down she gets.

Camila stops dead in her tracks and gulps at the scene in front of her. Her eyes scans Lauren's flexing muscles as the alpha lifts the weight up and down.

Camila sees the sweat glistening off her body and her eyes trail down to Lauren's exposed abs in the sports bra that she is wearing.

She's too busy ogling Lauren that she didn't notice Lauren stop working out and call her name.

"Camila!" Lauren says loudly, snapping Camila out of her lustful daze.

"What are you doing here?" Lauren questions and Camila feels her mouth drying up.

"Mate."

A/N

Camren is finally happening 👀 and what is Shawn planning to do?