Chapter 23

Lauren has a firm grip on her girlfriend's hand as they walk down the hallway. The grip wasn't too hard to make Camila's hand uncomfortable but it's firm enough to not allow the omega to slip away.

On her left, Normani and Dinah walk along her too, keeping close to her but allowing some space between them and her.

She wants to scream at her friends and girlfriend and tell them that they're being ridiculous and over dramatic about protecting her. But deep down inside, she knew what they were doing is what's best to keep her safe right now.

Camila's been having nightmares, seeing the hybrid in her dreams killing the people she loves. Lauren would hold her tight and whisper soothing things into her ears to help Camila calm down from her night terrors.

"I'll be here to take you to your history class after." Lauren tells her and Camila has to refrain from rolling her eyes.

"Babe, I get that you want to keep me safe and all, but do you really have to walk me to everything single class?" Camila looks up at her mate who didn't really seem to care about Camila's complaint.

"Yes, I'll be here after class to walk you to your next class." Lauren kisses her forehead, before walking off with Dinah.

"She's only trying to keep you safe, Mila." Normani says as they both walk in to history.

"I know but it's a little much don't you think? I can't go anywhere by myself." Camila huffs, sitting down by her desk.

"Girl, I'd rather have people with me 24/7 than being by myself when I know there's a hybrid out to kill me." Normani explains and Camila sighs, knowing that she can't argue with what the girl is saying.

When class ended, Camila expected Lauren to be outside waiting for her but instead she's met by Halsey.

"Hey, Cam. Lauren got held back by the teacher so she sent me to walk with you." Halsey reveals and chuckles when the omega just rolls her eyes, walking past the vampire.

She lets Camila walk ahead of her, but she immediately jumps in front of the girl and grabs ahold of the boy that's reaching out to grab Camila.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Halsey snarls, pushing the vampire away from Camila.

Camila stood there in shock, not really knowing what's going on.

"I see you've betrayed your own kind, to protect this mutt." Zayn hisses, glancing at the omega behind Halsey.

"I've not betrayed anyone, I just want to keep her safe and everyone else." Halsey growls, keeping a firm stance in front of the omega.

Students stop and turn their way. They definitely had a lot of eyes watching them now.

"The only way you're gonna keep everyone safe is by bringing Camila to her." Zayn tells Halsey, taking a step towards the pair.

"Take another step and I'll rip your fucking head off." Halsey warns and Zayn glares back at her and is about to take another step, but stops when he hears growls and hisses from other students.

Lauren and Halsey had informed friends and people they could trust about the situation about Camila and they all agreed to keep an eye out and to help keep Camila safe.

"Wow, gathered a little army I see." Zayn smirks at the vampire hissing at her.

"You still won't be able to keep her safe. So I'm going to tell you this again, take Camila to her or you all die." Zayn declares, giving the omega one last look before he walks off.