Chapter 2

"He thrusts his fists against the p-p-p-p"
"Ahh shit"
I stop walking and put my hand on Bill's shoulder.
"You got this, just take a deep breathe and try again"
He takes a breath.
"He thrusts his fists against the post and still insists he sees the g-g-ghost."
"So close Bill" I hug him and then we walk into our garage.
"Need some help?" Bill asks our dad who is working in there. He gives us both a look before saying,
"I thought we agreed"
Bill and I look over to the presentation thing we had put together.
"Before you say anything..." I start
"Y/n"
"J-just let us sh-show you something."
I drop a little toy man in the top and Bill puts the hose in starting the water. The man gets pushed through the pipes landing in a rectangular bucket with a label saying 'The Barrons'.
"The Barrons" I start
"I-i-it's the only place tha-that Georgie could've ended..."
"He's gone" Dad interrupts.
My eyes start to water, how could he give up on him so easy?
"But if the storm swept G-g-georgie in w-we sh-should've..."
"He's GONE" dad yells "He's dead"
Bill gets interrupted again.
"He's dead, there's nothing we can do, nothing!"
He sighs,
"Now take this down before your mother sees it"
He takes down the map we took from his office and leaves. The tears finally fall from my eyes, Bill sees and pulls me into a hug rubbing my back.
"We'll f-f-find him, I p-p-promise."

The next day○

"That's poison ivy, and that's poison ivy... and that's poison ivy" Stan says.
"Where, wheres the poison ivy?" Eddie panics.
I roll my eyes.
"Not every fucking plant is poison ivy Stanley" Richie says.
"Took the words right out of my mouth" I say slinging my arm over Stans shoulder.
"Ok well I'm starting to get itchy now, and I'm pretty sure this is not..."
"Do you use the same bathroom as your mother?"
"Sometimes yeah"
"Than you probably have crabs"
I giggle at the two boys bickering.
"Aren't you guys coming in?"
I turn my head to see Eddie and Stan still standing outside the sewer.
"Na ah that's grey water"
"What the hell is grey water?"
"It's basically piss and shit so I'm just telling you, you guys are splashing around in millions of gallons of Derry pee"
I see Richie pick up a stick and smell it.
"Wha- wait are you serious what are you doing?"
"Doesn't smell like caca to me saniour" Richie says in a terrible accent. I turn around blocking out their conversation and walk towards Bill, who has something in his hand. It's a shoe.
"Guys!" I yell out and Bill holds up the shoe.
"Shit" Stan says, "don't tell me that's..." he trails off.
I look down.
"No Georgie wore galoshes"
"Who's sneaker is it?" Eddie asks sounding nervous.
"It's Betty Ripsons"
I gulp and walk out of the sewer straight towards Stan, I bury my head in the crook of his neck and he wraps his arms around me.
"Shit... oh God, fuck I don't like this" Eddie says.
"How do you think Betty feels running around these tunnels with only one shoe?"
I couldn't see but I knew all the boys were glaring at him.
"What if she's still here?" Stan asks making me pull away so I could look at him. I look over to Bill who starts to walk further into the sewer.
"Guys come on" Richie calls out.
"My mom will have an aneurism, ok! If she finds out we're playing down here. I'm serious"
"Bill?"
"If I was Betty Ripson I would want us to find her.. G-g-georgie too"
I nod and start to walk back to Bill but Stan grabs my hand pulling me back to him.
"What if I dont want to find them?" Eddie speaks up, "I mean no offense Bill, Y/n, but I don't want to end up like Georg... I dont want to go missing either"
"He has a point" Stan mumbles.
I look at him, shocked, I go to pull my hand away but he just holds it tighter.
"You too?"
"Its summer, we're supposed to be having fun, this isn't fun, it's scary and disgusting."
Suddenly something crashed into the water behind us, we all spin around quickly to see the new kid covered in mud and blood, out of breath, on his hands and knees, in the water.

"Holy shit, what happened to you?"