Chapter 6

It was 9:30 p.m. when me and Bill decided to turn in for the night. We headed to my room so I could change into my PJ's and then to Bills to go to bed. Ever since Georgie went missing Bill and I started sleeping together, not in a weird way or anything but because it made us feel a sense of comfort knowing that the other was beside us and they weren't going to disappear as well. I don't think I've actually slept alone since Georgie was here, and when we have sleepovers with the boys I would always sleep in the middle. The boys were always really protective over me, especially Bill and Stan but not just because I'm a girl but also because when Georgie went missing I lost a lot of confidence, I can barely speak a word to anyone unless it was one of the losers. I looked over at Bill and smiled when I saw him drawing a portrait of Bev, I knew he had a crush on her, he told me as soon as we got home after helping Ben yesterday. I laid down and put my head on the pillow falling into a peaceful sleep.

"Y/n, y/n"
I woke up to Bill shaking me softly and saying my name.
"What?" I ask, rubbing my eyes and sitting up.
"There's a leak in the c-c-ceiling and I went t-to get a bucket and G-g-georgie's bedroom door was open with the l-light on"
I looked at him and furrowed my eyebrows, no one had been in Georgie's room for months.
"Come on I'll sh-show you" Bill said grabbing my hand and pulling me out of bed.
I followed Bill to Georgie's room when we got there I stopped at the door. Looking at his room brought tears to my eyes, it was exactly the same as it was the day Georgie went missing. I walked over and sat next to Bill on the bed as we both looked at a Lego turtle on his bedside table.
"I remember helping him make that the day before he went missing, you promised you'd help him but you got sick so I helped instead" I said picking it up and turning it over in my hands.
Bill started to cry beside me, I put my head on his shoulder and held his hand letting a few of my own tears fall. The floor boards creaked and I heard footsteps head away from the door. Bill instantly stood up, pulling me up with him, still holding my hand but making sure he was standing in front of me in a protective position. When we got to the door there was nothing there but when I looked down I noticed muddy prints leading down stairs.
"Bill" I pointed to the mud and he quickly pulled me down the stairs following them. The mud stopped in the kitchen and I gave Bill a confused look and he just shrugged. Suddenly something that looked a lot like Georgie ran across the other side of the room. Bill and I gasped loudly before looking at each other and slowly walking towards the cellar where we saw the thing run. I walked down the stairs behind Bill still clinging onto his hand, when we got to the bottom of the first set of stairs we stopped because there was water on the floor. We looked around not seeing anything but then I noticed Georgie hiding in the corner and I couldn't help but let out a sob.
"I lost it Billy, don't be mad"
Bill kept stuttering and couldn't get his words out, Georgie began to slowly come out of the corner.
"Just floated off"
I looked my little brother up and down and saw that his feet weren't on the ground.... he was floating.
"But Bill if you and y/n come with me you'll float too"
"G-g-georgie" Bill whispered.
"You'll float too"
Georgie started to giggle.
"You'll float too"
"You'll float too"
"You'll float too"
He started to get louder and he looked mad.
"You'll float too"
His voice suddenly got deep and his face started to change shape. He just kept repeating the same words as his face started to look decomposed.
"You'll float too" he shouted and then a clown popped out of the water and started to run towards us. I screamed and Bill forcefully pushed me up the stairs and slammed the door shut after him. I dropped to the floor and tried to breathe but I couldn't so I just started coughing. Bill ran to me and picked me up carrying me all the way back to his room. He gently placed me on the bed before sitting down beside me and rubbing my back in comfort. I finally got my breathing back to normal.
"You okay?" Bill asked me.
I looked at him and tried to hold in a sob,
"I just want to sleep"
He nodded, I layed down and he layed next to me pulling the covers over us. He held my hand and rubbed circles on the back of it helping me to calm down.

I slowly fell asleep, exhausted from the traumatic event that just happened.