Chapter 8

All the losers and I had decided to go to the parade today, so I was standing in an alley watching Richie try to play some guys tuba.
"They say they found part of his hand all chewed up by a pipe" Stan says, bringing my attention back to the conversation we were having about Eddie Corcoran.
"He asked to borrow a pencil once" Ben says sadly.
Bill steps forward and lifts up the poster to reveal Betty Ripsons underneath, I sighed knowing what Bill was going to say.
"It's like she's been f-f-forgotten because Corcorans missing"
"Is it ever going to end?" Stan asks sounding slightly nervous, I grab his hand and squeeze it slightly, he looks down at me and smiles.
"What are you guys talking about?" Eddie asks walking around the corner with two ice-creams.
"What they always talk about" Richie says walking over and grabbing an icecream.
"I actually think it will end" Ben says, referring to Stans previous question, "for a little while at least"
I look over to him confused,
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"So I was going through all my Derry research" he continues "and I charted out all the big events, the ironworks explosion in 1908, the Bradley gang in '35 and the black spot in '62 and now kids being...." Ben trailed off. "I realised this stuff seems to happen"
"Every 27 years" Ben and Bill say together.

                                 ☆      

We had moved to go sit down so we could talk more so we are now at the park.
"Ok so let me get this straight, IT comes out from wherever to eat kids for like a year and then what? It just goes into hibernation?" Eddie asks.
"Maybe it's like.... what do you call it... cicadas, you know, the bugs that come out every 17 years" Stan suggests.
Mike shakes his head,
"My grandfather thinks this town is cursed, he says that all the bad things that happen in this town are because of one thing, an evil thing that feeds off the people of Derry"
"But it can't be one thing" Stan argues, "we all saw something different"
"Maybe or maybe it knows what we fear most and that's what we see"
"I-i saw a leper" Eddie speaks up "He was like a walking infection"
"But you didn't, because its not real, none of this is, not Eddie's leper or Bill and y/n seeing Georgie or the woman I keep seeing"
"She hot?" Richie asks.
"No Richie, shes not hot" Stan snaps, I rub his back trying to calm him down.
"Her face is all messed up, none of this makes any sense, they're all like bad dreams"
"I dont think so" Mike says "I know the difference between a bad dream and real life"
I look over to Mike
"What did you see" I ask him.
"You guys know that burnt down house on harris Avenue? I was in it when it burned down, before I was rescued my parents were trapped in the next room over from me, they were pushing and pounding on the door trying to get to me but it was to hot, by the time the firemen found them the skin on their hands had melted down to the bone... we're all afraid of something"
"You got that right" Richie says.
"Why Rich, what are you afraid of"
"Clowns"
                                 ☆

Stanley's POV

It was 5 o'clock when everyone started to leave.
I watched as Bill slung his arm around y/n's shoulders and started to walk away.
I couldn't let her walk away, its been 5 years, I need to tell her how I feel. So before I even realised it I was calling her back.
"Y/n"
"Wait"
Her and Bill turned back around.
"Hey Bill can I talk to Y/n for a moment" I asked.
"Of course"
He walked over to the park bench and started talking to Beverly who was still sitting there.
Y/n smiled at me,
"What did you want to talk to me about?" She asked.
"I-i.. ummm... I just... i-i"

                                 ☆

Y/n POV

"I-i.. ummm... I just... i-i" Stan stuttered.
I giggled.
"You sound like Bill"
He looked down sighing.
"What's wrong Stan?" I say frowning slightly.
He quickly looked up at me and saw my sad face and began to talk really quickly,
"Nothing, nothing's wrong I'm just nervous"
I raised an eyebrow,
"Why are you nervous?"
"I need to tell you something but I dont know how"
I took his hand and gave him a small smile.
"Just tell me"
He looked me in the eyes and he grabbed my other hand so know he was holding both. He took a breath and tried to smile,
"Y/n... I like you, like i really like you and not just as a friend, when I see you, no matter how hard i try, i can't help but smile and i get this weird feeling in my stomach. I know we are just friends and I don't want to ruin that but I really had to tell you" he finished and all I could do was smile, I didn't know what to say.
His faces dropped when I didn't reply,
"I'm sorry y/n I didn't mean to make you feel uncom-"
But before he could finish his sentenced I pulled one of my hands away from his, putting it on his cheek before crashing my lips onto his. He tensed up at first before he relaxed and moved his hands to my waist.
I pulled away and looked up at him,
"I like you too"
He gave me a goofy grin before picking me up and spinning me around in circles. He put me down and quickly grabbed my hands in his again.
"Y/n will you be my girlfriend" he said getting down on his knees "please"
I giggled at him before pulling him up of the ground and throwing my arms around him.
"If course i will"
We stood like that for a while before I heard Bill calling out my name.
"I should probably go" I said before pulling away from him.
"Yeah me too" he said.
He kissed my forehead softly and then turned in the direction of his house, walking home but not before turning back around and waving to me.
All the way back to my house I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

Stan likes me.