Capitolo Cinque

Camilla's POV

The sun slowly seeped through the curtains, waking me. I stretched a little bit, well until I touched Adriano's face and he moaned a little bit. I got out of the bed and saw his laptop lying on a glass desk in the corner of the room. I opened it up and saw that it was password protected. I sighed softly remembering the time he told me that if I ever had to get into any pieces of his equipment the password was my first name and middle name and the date he proposed. So I typed

Camilla Luciana 23.04.36.

It unlocked and I saw the screensaver. My eyes widened when I saw that it was a picture of me hugging Apollo on the bedroom floor. I was not expecting that. I opened up google and searched for schools in the local area. There were two that stood out to me. They both looked normal and had outstanding reports from parents and government officials alike. I booked a walk in tour with Bella for one later today and the other tomorrow. I looked at the time and saw that it was 6:30, I had another couple of hours before Bella needed to get up, so I decided to go on a run. I wandered into the bathroom and threw on a pair of legging and a Nike sports bra. I put on my trainers and grabbed my phone and headphones. I managed to sneak out of the room and walked out of the front door. I started jogging around the house and continued until I got to the waterfall. It was man made and small but was calming and never failed to relax me.

~6 Years Ago~

Adriano held my hand in his as he lead me forward, I was blindly following him into the unexplored depths of the gardens. I was in awe of the waterfall in front of me. It was one of the most beautiful things that I'd ever seen. Adriano turned to face me and asked

"What do you think Miele?" I smiled.

"Its beautiful but what have I told you about that damned nickname." He smirked

"I told you and I will tell you again, you are sweet just like honey, and just like the bee's." He pressed a kiss to my lower neck "I love your nectar. You are pure and delicious, I can't get enough of you." He pressed a demanding and animalistic kiss to my lips. "You are the light in the darkness of my life." I smiled at him and then pressed a gentle kiss to his nose. Everything was perfect, until that night.

I was sitting on the bed reading my paperback copy of Always Red by Isabelle Ronin, it was 11 o clock and I was waiting up on Adriano. I was starting to get annoyed, he would normally tell me if he was going out or was doing something so I didn't wait up. After another hour Adriano comes stumbling through the door.

"Where the fuck have you been?" I yelled at him.

"I was out." He slurred.

"Out where, do you have any idea how fucking worried I was?"

"You should stop fucking swearing Miele." I stood up and went up to go slap him when he pushed me against the wall. He gripped my throat, I was struggling to breathe, I tapped on his arm for him to let go, but he only tightened his grip. Black dots started appearing in my vision, and I managed to say

"I . . . can't breathe Adriano. I . . . I can't." My vision fully disappeared and I was immersed in the darkness.

"Baby . . . Baby. . . BABY!" I heard Adriano yell, it is true when they say your actions can sober you because in that moment he had realised what he'd done. 

The next morning I woke up in the infirmary with breathing apparatus unhooked. I sat up and found a somber looking Adriano next to me. He gripped my hand tightly, rubbing the cold metal band of my engagement ring.

"How . . . how could you?" I croaked out. Adriano passed me a glass of water which I took quickly. Taking small sips trying to relieve the pain in my throat.

"I . . . I " He stuttered. Not once in the entire time I had been with Adriano had I seen him stutter. Not Once.

"You nearly killed me. How could you?" I asked tears prodding at my eyes. A couple spilled down my cheeks. Adriano looked like he was on the brink of tears but didn't let one spill.

"I'm sorry, so sorry Miele." I shook my head, more tears spilling down my cheeks.

"Sorry doesn't cut it this time." I stated bluntly. He placed a hand on my face and I turned my head "Don't touch me." I spat out rejecting his touch like it was acid.

"Miele please, look at me." 

"No. Get Out!" I raised my voice and he sighed and left the room. I could never trust him after this, it was getting out of hand.

~Back To The Present~

"I though I'd find you here." I heard Adriano say quietly, he sat down on the grass next to me.

"Yeah."

"You looked deep in thought, I didn't want to disturb you. What were you thinking about?" He questioned.

"Just old times. The day you first brought me here." He smiled fondly at the memory, but then frowned

"All of it?" I nodded and he turned to face me.

"I was such a dick." I chuckled softly.

"I'm my eyes you never were, you were a kind loving man. The man that I loved." 

"And now?" He asked, eyes swimming with hope.

"I don't know. Over the years, I have tried to resent you for everything you did but I never could. You gave me Bella, and lots of beautiful memories, but you also gave me scars both physical and emotional."

He looked at me stunned.

"Wait. What do you mean by physical?"

...