Capitolo Sette

Camilla's POV

As soon as we were out of the traffic, it took no time to get to the school. Adriano and I had made small talk after our session cough cough.  Adriano parked a couple of metres away from the school in a parking lot.  I grabbed Arabella's hand after denying the one her father offered her and walked forward. The wind was quite strong and I was struggling to keep my balance with just one arm and already sore legs from falling down the stairs. Adriano must have noticed as he made his way over to me and slipped an arm around my waist. I smiled up at him and whispered a quiet thank you. We were soon at the school reception and me and Bella approached the desk.

"Miss Romano and Arabella?" The woman in her mid 40's asked a broad smile on her face. I nodded. She looked behind us where Adriano was standing. His suit clung to his body in all of the right places. His brown hair slung back neatly. Tattoo's that ran from his arm to his neck clearly visible with his grey blazer that was slung over his left shoulder. She licked her lips and said quietly.

"Can I help you sir?" He shook his head no and approached me and Bella.

"I'm Bella's father." Her eyes opened in realisation and she then quietly said.

"If you wait here for a minute, I will get a member of staff to show you around and if Arabella wants she can sit in on the class that she will be in." I crouched down to Bella's level as soon as the woman had left.

"Do you want to do that Bella or do you want to stay with me and your dad?" She pondered the thought for a moment and then asked.

"Mamma do you trust dad?" She was a smart child, but to be honest I don't know. So I lied.

"Yes bambino I do, what does that have to do with anything?" She smiled and said.

"I will go to the class." I nodded and kissed her head, was my own daughter looking out for me. That was my job. A tall, lean man walked through the door and we shook hands.

"You must be Miss Romano yes?" I nodded. "I am Mr Dabala and I will be Bella's teacher." He looked down at Bella. "And you must be Arabella yes." She nodded and he began to lead us through to the classroom. Bella was sat at a table with 4 other children two girls and two boys.

 Once we had left, he began to show me and Adriano around the school. Adriano had snaked an arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him when Mr Dabala had become a bit flirtatious making both me and him feel uncomfortable, and a school is not exactly the place where you can pull out a gun and threaten someone. The school was perfect, they focused on creativity over academia but still made it important. I already knew Bella would love it, she loved to draw and sing. Whenever she would have spare time she would be drawing or making up her own songs and singing them. After about an hour of touring and meeting a couple of members of staff during the kids break. Bella ran over to hug me once she was out of the classroom, I guess her leg wasn't hurting her as much anymore. She wasn't running as fast as she normally does but she was still running.

"What did you think Bambino? Do you want to go to school here?" She nodded her head rapidly and began to tell us about her new friends. One was a boy called Marcos which didn't go down to well with Adriano, but I reminded him that they were 6 and nothing was going to happen. I was handed some paperwork and wrote in all the relevant details and signed where I needed to, Adriano also put his personal cell's number on the sheet along with his and my personal email address. Bella was able to start tomorrow which made her extremely giddy. We were driving home when Adriano quietly whispered to me.

"We're being followed Miele, give Arabella something to distract her okay." I nodded and gave Bella my phone and headphones, turning the volume fully up on the film so she was completely unaware of what was going on. He turned on his Bluetooth and his men were coming soon, lets hope its soon enough. My head was spinning with fear and worry. Adriano pulled off onto the motorway and sped through the traffic. I sent him a pleading glance to be careful with Bella being in the car. An alert went off and a message came up saying that his men had us covered, I looked out of the windows and black 4by4's surrounded us. I sighed a sigh of relief, Adriano grasped my hand tightly as a gesture to assure me that we were safe. I took some deep breaths in an attempt to calm my racing heartbeat. Adriano quickly drove us home, without speeding thankfully, I wasn't about to be on the news as a car crash victim. It was almost 5pm. I sighed and began to make my way into the kitchen.