Capitolo Ventidue

Camilla's POV    (Its been 84 years. . . <3.)

I glared at Adriano giving him that 'are you for real face' as he pushed the wheelchair up next the bed. 

"Seriously Adriano a . . ." I took a deep breath trying not to swear in front of Bella again. "A mother-trucking wheelchair." Adriano keeled over in laughter.

"Did you just say mother trucking, Miele. That was priceless." I rolled my eyes and took several deep breaths. Once he stopped laughing he told me. "Cam if you want to get out of here then you have to take the wheelchair." I grunted in response and asked Adriano defeated.

"Can you help me get in that thing?" He nodded and lifted me off the bed and put me in the chair. I slumped back against it. Bella jumped onto my lap and I let out a small hiss as she landed very near where one of the bullets had hit on my upper thigh. She noticed and looked up at me fearfully. I put on a fake smile and then said. "Its okay bambino, you're okay stay there you don't have to move." She smiled and I wrapped an arm around her to make sure that she was secure. Adriano began to wheel the chair out of the room and said that I would have to go back to Italy in my hospital gown because the clothes were still at Noah's and it was a risk to go back there until it is fully secure. We were waiting in the lobby whilst Adriano called for a car because the one he and Bella had been using was only a two-seater. After about ten minutes a sleek black, you guessed it SUV showed up, Adriano passed the men who got out of the SUV the keys for the sports car and then he lifted me out of the wheelchair and due to Bella's request sat me in the back with her. I knew why she was like this, the last time that I was in hospital was after Vito and I could tell she just wanted me to be okay. The car started and she snuggled closer to me. I wrapped an arm around her and whispered quietly in her ear. "I'm never going to leave you bambino. I promise." 

Adriano pulled up outside of an unfamiliar looking mansion. I was about to say something when he said 

"Just wait here girls, I'm going to get Apollo and then we can go the airport and get home." I smiled and Adriano left the car. Bella was chatting to me about her day and what she did whilst I was in hospital. I had very little recollection of what happened, I knew that I got shot trying to shield Bella, but that's it.  Within minutes Adriano was back in the car. An elderly woman was stood at the window, she looked like she was in her late sixties maybe early seventy's. She waved at us as we drove off. Apollo was sat happily between me and Bella and gave me plenty of kisses making sure that I knew that he missed me. We were soon pulling up at the airport and heading to the jet. Adriano wheeled me through the airport and I hung my head low. I hated this. Thankfully Adriano noticed my discomfort and sped through the crowds at the airport and got to the hanger we were soon boarded onto the plane. Bella insisted on sitting in-between me and her father. Once the plane had taken off Bella had began to tell her dad about the most random things. I could tell Adriano was trying to seem interested in what she was saying but he was cracking, he looked exhausted. 

"Bella, why don't you go sit with Apollo okay." She nodded and took her seatbelt off and headed to the back of the plane where Apollo was lying on a dog bed. Once she was out of earshot I then said to Adriano. "You look exhausted, why don't you go and get some sleep. I'll keep an eye on Bella." He shook his head yawning.

"I'm fine, plus you look it as well." I gave him the puppy dog eyes. "And." He added. "I sleep better with you anyway." I sighed and then walked off in the direction of the bedroom. Adriano followed me. Bella was near so I just said to her as I was passing,

"Bambino, me and you father are going to get some sleep okay, just wake us if you need anything okay." She nodded and went back to playing with Apollo. I was about to open the door when Bella called.

"Mamma, can I play on your phone?" I nodded and passed her my phone making sure that it was on aeroplane mode. I opened the door to the bedroom and snuggled under the covers. Adriano quickly followed me and I could soon hear him snore softly, I closed my eyes and fell into a deep nightmare ridden sleep.

I was back in the living room of my old apartment, Vito was stood in front of me. I was frozen to the spot. He approached me and placed a hand on my face.

"GET OUT!" I yelled at him, pushing him back.

"You bitch." He growled. I moved back and as far away from him as I could. He sprinted towards me and pushed me against the wall, I felt the blood spill from my head and down my neck. He then grabbed my neck and held me up against the wall choking me. "Did you think that you could escape me, you whore." I couldn't breathe and black spots were starting to appear in my vision. Just before I was about to pass out, he let go of me. I held my throat and coughed. He then pushed me down to the ground and began punching my stomach and face. Once he was happy with the work that he had done, he had began to kick my already broken ribs. I cried out in agony. He walked over to the kitchen and I watched I wanted to scream for help but I couldn't my voice was caught in my throat. My head was throbbing in pain. Vito arrived back into my view with a sharp knife from the kitchen, I tried to get up but I couldn't. He lowered the knife down onto my ankle and slowly cut upwards, once he was at my knee he stopped and knelt down. He pressed the blade against my neck. My thoughts immediately went to Bella, I had to survive for her, God only knows if she went into the system what would happen to her. He hovered over me with the knife threatening me. "Move and I will kill you. I should have killed that sweet daughter of yours when I had the chance, so innocent, so youthful. Oh well, she will suffer the same fate as her mother when I am done with you. So long and goodnight Puttana." {Whore}. That was when I heard a loud growl, and saw Apollo leap over me and began to attack Vito. The knife flew across the room and Apollo was biting his hands, leg and most importantly his crown jewels. I allowed myself to become immersed into the darkness. 

"Mamma . . . Mamma wake up." I heard Bella sob. 

...

"Mamma" Bella called, I shot up and saw Bella at the bottom of the bed. She crawled across the bed and I hugged her tightly. Tears sprung to my eyes but I fought them back.

"Bambina mia." {My baby/My child} I announced as I hugged her. Adriano stirred next to me and slowly woke up.

"Daddy!" Bella called and Adriano let out a tired chuckle and sat up and hugged Bella. He was about to say something when the speakers boomed.

"If you could now take your seats we will be starting our descent in five minutes." I got off the bed and stretched out, my back cracked and I sighed loudly. We made our way over to the large, plush seats and were soon on the runway again. 

Home, sweet, home. Italia.

...