Capitolo Nove.

Ivory chalice magnolia bud pictured above ^^

Camilla's POV

I smiled down at Bella. "Sure bambino." I responded and she jumped onto my lap. I smiled again and pecked her cheek. Bella then tugged on the sling that was hung loosely around my arm.

"When can you take that off mamma, I miss your teddy bear hugs." She asked and I laughed a little bit.

"I can take it off tomorrow bambino, now where do you want to go?" I peered over at Adriano who had his eyes glued to his phone screen. Bella shrugged her shoulders and I grunted. I cast my mind back to things me and Adriano did for idea's when one popped into my head. "How bout' we go to the park." I looked over at Adriano again who had now perked his head up interested in our conversation. " And there is a dog park there so we can take Apollo as well. Maybe if you uncle and auntie want to come they can come along too." Adriano nodded in agreement, and slowly stood up.

"I'll get Matteo and Faye." He stated. "Cam can you get Apollo and wait for me by the garage doors?" He asked, well when I say asked I mean more like ordered. I nodded and whistled for Apollo. He came running into the room.

"Lead." I ordered and he ran into the hallway and grabbed his leader from the low hook. He then ran back through to me with it in his mouth. I patted his head affectionately and then quickly attached his leader to his collar. I passed it to Bella who walked with Apollo as I guided her to the garage.  Adriano was already there with both of the twins when we got there. He wrapped an arm around me and I grabbed Bella's hand.

"Which car do you want to use gattino?"{Kitten} Adriano asked Bella. She peered around the garage and pointed at the Lamborghini Reveton. Adriano smirked down at Bella and quietly announced "How did you know that's my favourite car?" Bella shook her head innocently and we got in the car. I buckled Bella in at the back and Apollo snuggled down next to her. I then got in the front with Adriano. Faye and Matteo had gotten into the Lexus LC and were ahead of us. Once we were out of the garage, Adriano had gripped my hand tightly.

"I always thought your favourite car was your Ferrari?" I questioned, he shook his head laughing.

"It was, until you left. I favour this car now because it reminds me of all the stuff that me and you have done together in this very car." My cheeks flushed at the memory. Then Bella spoke up.

"Mamma, what did you and dad do in this car?" Oh my fucking god. Adriano smirked over at me.

"Yeah mamma, what did we do in this car?" Adriano commented in a cocky tone. I smacked his arm and slapped his arm.

"Something only grown ups do bambino." I commented.

"So I can do it when I'm a grown up like you?" My face paled and Adriano yelled.

"No! You will never do that with anyone. Not as long as I am still breathing." Bella nodded her head in agreement and I breathed out the breath that I had been  holding in.  Thankfully we were pulling up at the park. Adriano parked the car. Both me and Adriano got out and Adriano opened the door for Bella and she ran out of the car. Adriano grasped her hand to keep her from running off as I grabbed Apollo. Tao and Faye appeared in sight and Bella began to pull at her fathers hand. Adriano let her go and she ran over to Faye who caught her in a tight embrace.  I slammed the door shut. Adriano locked the car and we headed into the park. Me and Adriano interlocked our fingers as we walked, bringing back memories. I leaned against Adriano resting my head on his shoulder, as I watched Bella play with her uncle and aunt.

Still holding onto Apollo me and Adriano made our way over to a bench under an ivory challis magnolia tree.  I held onto Apollo tightly as we sat down. The snow white flowers above us created a romantic atmosphere. I remembered this spot. Adriano placed a warm arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

~6 Years Ago~

I was finally getting out of that house. I have been cooped up in there for months now and the closest I have been to the outside world is the garden with armed guards nearby, watching every step that I took. Adriano didn't let on where we were going but I couldn't care less. The sun shone through the windscreen, I sighed contently as I watched the passing scenery fly by in a blur. 

He pulled up outside of a park. I quickly got out and shut the door, he did the same and then locked the door. I followed him as he wandered absentmindedly into the park. He motioned for me to find somewhere to sit. I  looked at the ample places in which I could sit until I spotted a beautiful tree. Pure white flowers blossomed from the thin branches. The vibrant green grass seemed appealing . I slowly wandered over towards it and sat down under it, pressing my back against the trunk. Adriano followed me and sat down next to me. 

"Y'know there was a perfectly good bench over there." He commented and I smirked at him.

"Yeah, but the grass is much more comfortable then a metal bench." He sighed in defeat and I laughed at him. We then proceeded to sit in silence for about 20 minutes, just enjoying the scenery. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence. It was almost accepting. I hadn't noticed that Adriano would ever so slyly steal a glance here and there, so what came next was unexpected. 

Adriano's phone rang loudly, he quickly answered it and began yelling orders in rapid Italian down the phone. He stood up and walked away as he continued to talk, sorry yell down the phone. I sat staring at thin air for about 5 minutes. The familiar footfalls of Adriano became louder meaning he was getting closer. I turned my head to face him. He had a disgruntled expression on his face.

"Get up." He ordered and I did that wiping the grass off of my powder blue floral sundress. I turned to face Adriano. His shoulders rose and fell with every breath he took. I took another step towards him, and he muttered

"Damn it. I've waited too long to do this." He took a step towards me and pressed his lips to mine. I was taken off guard at first but then met his rhythm. He dug his hands into my hips, fisting the fabric of my dress. I parted my lips to allow him more access. The kiss lasted for about another minute before we pulled away from each other. A couple of petals fell from the flowers and fell into my hair and around me and Adriano. With our foreheads pressed together, my eyes met his and his met mine.

"C'mon, we got to get going." He stated like nothing ever happened.

Asshole.

~Back To The Present~

Bella ran up to me and Adriano and sat down next to Apollo, stroking his bowed head.

"Mamma. Have you been here before with dad?" 

"Sì bambino, I have. Under this very tree is where me and your father first kissed." Adriano looked over at me. His eyes filled with joy and intrigue.

"Can you tell me the story?" She asked and Adriano responded.

"How bout' me and your mamma tell you it tonight as your bedtime story?" Bella nodded eagerly and went back off to play with Faye and Matteo.

"I'm glad you remembered." He whispered in my ear before pressing a tender kiss to my lips.

"I haven't forgotten anything." I commented, he audibly cleared his throat. 

"You remember everything, even how much of an asshole I was after that moment." I nodded.

"We will talk about that later, can we just relax now and not fight like cat and dog?" I begged and he nodded in agreement.

The rest of the day was spent having fun. It was a proper family day. Bella loved every minute of it. Matteo and Faye had worn her out so much that she didn't even try to fight leaving, which was probably a first. We left knowing one thing was certain, whether we like it or not, we are all family, oh and Bella loves her uncle and aunt to the moon and back. Some may even say that she loves them 3000.

...