Capitolo Undici

Camilla's POV

"Wake up Adriano. Ho bisogno di te Adriano. Ti amo Adriano." {I need you Adriano. I love you Adriano.}

That was 3 months ago. He was in a coma. Both me and Bella had been down everyday to visit him, hoping that he would wake up. I wasn't eating properly and making myself sick. I have never been this sick with worry before. I had just dropped Bella off at school and was making lunch for Matteo and Faye. I had just turned off the oven and was holding a glass of water, occasionally sipping at it. I began to feel lightheaded and leant against the countertop hoping it would offer me some stability. The world around me began to spin into a pit of darkness as I felt myself fall and hit the wooden floors, the glass I was holding onto smashing as I fell.

"Sorella! Faye help, Cams collapsed." Matteo cried out in desperation. I groaned in pain. I felt my body being hurled off of the floor and my eyes flickered open slightly. "Tao." I moaned out, in pain. There was a sharp pain, almost like an ice pick being stabbed into my head several times. Matteo grabbed my hand softly and looked down at me. His face was a mask of worry.

After several minutes of examination from the doctor, and a couple of stitches in my head. He sat on the edge of the bed that I was laying on and quietly told me.

"Camilla, did you know that you are pregnant?"

"What? Pregnant, no I can't be I had my shot. It still had a week on it when me and Adriano." The doctor shook his head and said

"It can run out early. You passed out due to a combination of malnourishment, exhaustion and your pregnancy took it over the edge." I shook my head in shock.

"Is it okay?" He nodded his head and I breathed a sigh of relief. I stood up and went to go leave.

"Make sure you eat well and rest. You don't want to endanger your baby's life." I nodded and walked out of the room. Matteo was sat outside with Faye.

"How are you?" Faye asked and I hugged her tightly.

"I . . . I'm pregnant." Matteo jumped up from his seat and hugged me tightly.

"I'm gonna be an uncle again." I sniggered and he then quickly said "I'll pick up Bella and Faye make sure that she eats and don't let her do anything." She nodded and we walked through to the kitchen.

"Sit." Matteo commanded. I sat and Matteo passed me a glass of water and made me a sandwich. I slowly ate and made small talk with Matteo and Faye. We then wandered through to the living room. I sat down on the sofa and Faye sat next to me. I looked at my phone to check the time and saw that it was 2:45. I tapped Matteo's arm and quietly said

"Its time to go get Bella." He kissed my cheek and said goodbye to us before leaving.

"So Faye is there anyone in your life?" I asked. Her cheeks flushed a bright red and she looked down at her shoes. "Spill Sorella."

"Well, I have been seeing this guy. His name is Jonas. We have been dating for about a month now. It just feels right when I am with him." I smiled.

"Does it feel like time isn't a thing, that you could spend eternity with him and it would feel like a minute." She sheepishly nodded and I squealed. "My piccolo Faye is in love." {Little}. She chuckled and then said quietly.

"I have a date with him in an hour, but I guess I can cancel it." She sounded disheartened. 

"No. Faye I am fine okay. Your brother is overreacting, I will be fine. I was going to go see Adriano anyway."

"Really?" I nodded and she hugged me tightly. "Ti amo Sorella." {I love you sister.} I smiled and began to walk in the direction of the infirmary.

I sat next to Adriano and gripped his hand tightly. 

"Today has been eventful. I passed out and then found out that I was pregnant. Please Adriano, hurry up and get better. We need you. Bella misses you so much. Next week her school is having a bring your father to school day, she really wants you to go. Its the first one that she's had a dad to go with her. Please wake up Adriano." A couple of tears fell onto his hand that I held on my lap with mine.

"Your pregnant." I heard a croaky deep voice say. My eyes widened as I felt Adriano's hand grip mine.

"Yes, and your awake." I sobbed. He attempted to sit up, but with the atrophy of his muscles of the last three months failed. I grabbed the remote and the bed moved into a upright position. I got out of the chair and hugged him tightly. Tears freely flowed fro down my cheeks and I hugged him. "I love you so much, don't you ever do that again." I pulled away and faced him, he pressed a gentle kiss to my cheek. I walked over to the trolley in the corner of the room and poured a glass of water.  I then walked back to him and held the glass up to his lips. As he was drinking the water Doctor Shlottman entered the room. Once Adriano had finished drinking, I placed the glass on his bedside table and sat back next to him as the doctor began his examination.

"Mamma! I have a present for you." Bella yelled. Adriano smiled at me and the doctor left the room. She entered the room and her jaw dropped.

"Ciao gattino." {Hello kitten}  She ran up to her father and jumped on the bed hugging him tightly.

"Daddy you're awake!" A tear ran down my face.

"What was the present you had for your mamma?" Adriano asked as she sat on his lap. She took off her backpack and opened it, taking out a piece of paper. She handed it to me. She had drawn a picture of me, her and Adriano. I covered my mouth with my hand.

"Do you like it mamma?" I nodded and passed the picture to Adriano speechless.

"I have some news for you Bella." 

"What is it mamma?" She asked, eyes brimming with curiosity.

"You are going to be a big sister bambino." She smiled broadly.

"Really mamma, where are they?" She asked and I laughed.

"The baby is in your mamma's belly gattino." She quickly caught on and we continued to talk for hours. It was great, we were all a family.

A couple of days after waking up Adriano was moved back into the bedroom. It made life so much easier, I was able to sleep easily. Both me and Adriano had grown used to the fact that with him injured, Bella in the house and me being pregnant that we had to be careful, because one wrong step and all of us could be killed. 

But that's just our lifestyle. Our crazy, frankly fucked up lifestyle. But its ours.

...