Capitolo Trentatre

Camilla's POV

I woke up in the arms of Adriano and nuzzled into his chest. I ran my fingers over the intricate patters that stained his tanned skin. The memories of my mental anguish before this flooded my mind.

~5 Years Ago~

I woke up, my head was pounding. Where was I? I attempted desperately to think back to where I had been before this. Nothingness. My mind was a blank canvas. I couldn't remember anything. I attempted to stand up, but no prevail. I fell back onto the ground with a loud thud. I just lay there. Defeated.

"Get up now." A deep, boisterous male boomed. I was taken aback and pushed myself up against the wall. I envied not being able to remember anything. I was dragged to my feet and then slammed back into the wall. "Get ready soldier." He commanded, his voice gruff and  harsh. I walked forward my legs shaking, I didn't know whether it was fear or injury. He lead me through to a room, the walls were a rich shade of red and the floor was black tiles and the ceiling was dark. A shiver ran up my spine. A bed lay in the centre of the room. The covers were black , the pillows were red. It was a four poster bed, a curtain at each poster. "This is  your room." The man commented. 

"Thank you." I stuttered.

"I will be back in thirty minutes to collect you for training. Get changed into some comfortable clothes. We will be doing general fitness drills." I nodded and the man left the room. I endeavoured further into the room to find a large black wardrobe in the far left corner of the room. I opened it and took a vest from the hanger and put it on. I then looked in the drawers that were under the main body of the wardrobe and pulled out a pair of leggings.

"Is this my style. I'm kinda fat." I commented wondering who I really was. I gripped my stomach and saw stretch marks, it was also kind of rounded. I couldn't be a mother, could I? My inner thoughts raged against my unaware subconscious that refused to let me know who I was. I tried to think back, and I thought hard. "Shit!" I cursed as my nose began to bleed and a migraine began to consume my head. I laid down on the bed and stared up at the ceiling. After a couple of minutes it thankfully passed. A sudden knock at the door alerted me that it was time. I stood up and made my way over to the door.

"Come on. The quicker we get this training started the quicker the boss can get his way." I nodded and followed the man. Once we were outside a sudden burst of courage overcame me.

"What's your bosses name?" I asked and he curtly replied.

"Vito Lucchese".

~Back To The Present~

I shot upright, beads of sweat forming on my forehead. My breath was rushed as I attempted to make sense of what just happened. Adriano sat up and rubbed my back softly.

"What was it Miele." I took a deep breath in an attempt to calm my rapid breathing.

"Vito Lucchese. He was the leader of the people who took me." Adriano looked at me confused for a second before it clicked.

"Wait is that the same Vito who tried to-" 

I cut him off. "Yes, my ex." A fire twinkled in Adriano's eyes. "Was he behind everything else?" I asked and Adriano hastily nodded. He pressed a kiss to my cheek and then said,

"I need to get this sorted, please stay home with the kids. I can't loose you again." Tears sparkled on the surface of his eyes as he spoke, I nodded and pressed a soft kiss to his lips.  Adriano further upright and smiled before connecting our lips in a longing, loving kiss. "This will all be over soon miele and then we can live our lives again." I nodded and moved away from him so that he could get off of the bed.

"I love you bunny." 

He smirked, "I love you too miele. Fancy a shower." He winked and I chuckled, following him into the shower.

Once Adriano had left the house, it was just a day for me and the kids.  I hated the fact that I had missed five years of their lives. They were both so big now. We were sitting the living room playing a board game when the cheery voice of Charlotte bounced off of the walls. I stood up as the kids yelled in sync.

"Nonna." They ran towards her and she wrapped them up in a tight hug. She then looked up. Her face was painted with shock as she began to fall backwards. I sprinted over to her and caught her body in my arms before picking her up and placing her on the sofa. After mere minutes her eyes fluttered open. She looked over at me.

"Cammy, is it really you?" Tears streaked down her face.

I nodded. "Yeah Charlotte, its me." She sat up properly and I made my way over to her, she pulled me into a tight hug.

"My Cammy, you have no idea how much I've missed you. I love you so much, losing you was like losing Matteo all over again." I just listened. I realised that all she needed was me there, she didn't need an explanation, an apology or a bullshit excuse. She was just glad that I was alive and not buried six feet under in the garden. A stray tear fell down my cheek.

"I love you Madre." She smiled and kissed my cheek.

"I love you soo much Cammy, you are my own. If you want to call me Madre, I'm fine with it." I nodded and turned my attention back to the kids.

"Hey, do you want to set this up again and we can play it with your nonna." Arabella smiled broadly and began to re-set up the game.

Today was undoubtedly one of the best days of my life, it was just a family day. The one thing that I have craved since my memory recovered. Still, however worry plagued my mind. Would Adriano be okay? Would he be successful in taking down the Lucchese? Only time will tell.

...