Capitolo Venti Quattro

Fun Fact: I should be doing homework now but decided to write instead, its better than redrafting my essay on An Inspector Calls.

Camilla's POV

The creaking of the door woke me, I rubbed my eyes and looked over at Bella before sitting up. Adriano entered the room, his suit had splotches of crimson blood on it. He looked over at me, a small smile spread across his face. He wandered into the wardrobe and I checked the time on my phone. Three am.  I sighed and laid back down, Bella wrapped her small arms around my waist and snuggled into me. I ran my hands through her long wavy hair. Adriano came out of the wardrobe in his boxers. He walked towards the bed and gave me the look of 'what the fuck' and pointed down at a sleeping Apollo. I chuckled quietly. Adriano gave Apollo a scratch behind the ears, waking him up and then motioning from him to get off of the bed. Apollo did as so and laid down on the rug next to the bed. Adriano climbed into the bed and pressed a kiss to the back of Bella's head before closing his eyes. I did the same and was woke up only seemingly moments later by the alarm on my phone.

"C'mon Bella, you need to get up. You have school." I cooed and she slowly woke up. She crawled over me and off of the bed. I went to go stand up when Adriano laced his hand on my shoulder and quietly said.

"I'll get her ready Miele, you focus on getting yourself ready okay." I nodded and Adriano passed the crutches over from the side of the room, that he must've brought up this morning. I stood up using the crutches. I made my way over to the closet and picked out one of Adriano's hoodies and a pair of sweatpants. I threw on a pair of Nike trainers and hobbled out of the room and to the staircase.

"Shit." I cursed, I should really have Adriano install a bloody elevator, it would save so much time and would be really functional since we were always being attacked. I looked down the stairs when I suddenly felt myself being lifted up into the air. I screamed and heard a deep laugh. Adriano. He carried me in a bridal manner down the stairs and plopped me down in the death trap. I glared at him and saw one of the men at the top of the stairs, I yelled up at him. "Hey you at the top of the stairs." He looked down at me. "Could you please bring those crutches down the stairs." He nodded and carried them down and handed them to me. "Thank you." He smiled and then reciprocated.

"No problem Mrs Lombardy." He walked off and I glared at Adriano. Using the chair, I pulled myself up on the crutched.

"What?" He asked with a grin on his face that I would like to smack off. I shook my head and hobbled along to the kitchen. Bella was sat at the table with a bowl of cereal. I sat down next to her and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"Are you ready for school bambino?" She nodded and then dug into her breakfast.

"Tea or coffee?" Adriano asked.

"Tea please." After a couple of minutes Adriano placed the tea in front of me, he pressed a kiss to my cheek and sat next to me. I sipped at my tea as Bella ate. Adriano rubbed my back softly. Once Bella had finished eating, I grabbed my crutches and hobbled out to the car. Bella sat in the back and I sat in the front next to Adriano. He rubbed my inner thigh softly as we drove. It was surprisingly quiet on the roads so we were at the school in twenty minutes, instead of the usual forty five minutes that it took in traffic. We parked closer to the school than usual because Adriano didn't want me to be walking on the crutches for too long even through I assured him that I would be fine. We walked with Bella to the gates and since there was no one else there me and Adriano went into the yard with her and waited. I glanced over at Adriano who seemed like he was somewhere else, Matteo's death, I thought to myself. Bella seemed a little on edge as well.  "Hey, are you both okay?" I asked and Bella walked over to the bench that I was sat on and jumped onto my lap. I winced at the sharp pain that went shooting through my left leg, she wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me. I hugged her back tightly, "Are you nervous bambino?" She shook her head no. I knew it was Matteo, I didn't want to say anything so just said, "How about in your art class today you draw a picture of uncle Tao and we'll take it to his grave okay." She nodded happily and then one of her class mates entered the yard with their parents. She ran over to them and started playing with them. I shuffled closer to Adriano and placed my head on his shoulder. He let out a deep breath.

"I really miss him Cam, I really do." I hummed in agreement and traced the tattoos on his arm with my index finger. We sat in silence for a couple of minutes before he commented, "I see you like my sweatshirts." A small chuckle followed. I smiled.

"Yeah, I do. They're so soft and they smell like you." I said in a small baby voice. He let out a husky laugh. Within minutes the yard was filled with the voices of gleeful children and the quiet chatter of parents. Bella ran over to us and hugged Adriano and jumped onto my lap again. I hugged her back.

"Bye mamma, bye daddy. I love you."

"Bye gattino, I love you." Adriano responded.

"Bye bambino, I love you too." She smiled and then ran off to her friends. Adriano laughed once she had ran off and said.

"She loves jumping on your bad leg doesn't she?" I nodded, picking up my crutches and slowly walking out of the gates. Adriano followed behind me. We drove home in silence, not an awkward silence but a comfortable one. Once we were home, Adriano and I walked through to the kitchen. I grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl and began to eat it. Adriano seemed uncomfortable, like he was hiding something.

"What are you hiding?" I asked and he sent me a sympathetic glance.

"I've got to go to England to seal a deal with one of my clients." I dropped my gaze from his face down to the table. 

"Legit businesses or y'know mafia?" I asked, my voice extremely quiet.

"Legit, Cam. It'll only be three weeks if everything goes to plan. I promise to video call you and Bella all the time. Its not something that I can just get out of, trust me. I tried."

"When do you leave?"

"In a weeks time, so you should be able to get down stairs no problem by the time" I let out a small chuckle. I looked up at Adriano and he placed a hand on my cheek and rubbed my cheek softly. "C'mon, you need to rest your leg." I smiled and grabbed my crutches. He chuckled and said, "You really think I would wait for you being a slowpoke walking with those things." I looked at him confused, when he picked me up. I dropped the crutches and wrapped my arms around his neck. Once we were in the bedroom, Adriano placed me on the bed and kissed my forehead.

"Are you heading out?" He nodded and then said,

"I am doing some stuff for Lombardy & co, and then going to the warehouse to sort out some arms deals."  I smiled up at Adriano right before he left, I spoke up.

"Could you grab me a book from the bookcase?" He nodded and walked over to the bookcase.

"Which one?" He asked, my cheeks flushed a bright pink as I responded.

"5o shades." A deep throaty chuckle left his mouth. He picked up the book and passed it over to me, whispering in my ear,

"Enjoying erotica's are you now miele." My cheeks flushed bright red.

"Its not just all about the sex y'know, Anastasia and Christians relationship is really cute." I defended.

"Naughty, naughty girl." He whispered huskily in my ear. I shivered slightly starting to get turned on. Our lips collided and were locked in a passionate embrace. He pulled away and kissed my forehead, "Enjoy reading, tell me if you ever want to try any of that." He winked as he left the door.

"Don't forget to pick up Bella." I yelled.

"My Ma and dad are, they will being her home." I smiled, the door shut and I picked up from where I left off. Today was going to be a long day.

...