sleepover

Prompt by almonds13

Ginny studied Harry. He was still typing on his phone, smiling at the screen as the rest of the group watched the movie in front of them.

She frowned. He wouldn't be cheating on her, would he? Although technically he had never called Ginny his girlfriend, and although he had never asked her to be or kissed her or anything, he hugged her and smiled at her, and obviously liked her, and Ginny knew they were dating.

A loud "Ron!" snapped her out of her thoughts, and she turned just in time to see Hermione laugh and hit Ron with a pillow. "Pay attention!"

"Please, neither of you have been paying attention," Dean commented. "Me and Neville saw Ron kissing your neck for the past five minutes. Nice try."

"You and Seamus were making out the entire time!" Ron protested. 

"We weren't trying to hide it," Seamus commented with a grin. Neville pushed him off the couch, which earned a "hey!"

"Hush, I think someone's about to get murdered!" Luna squealed, eyes still glued on the tv.

Everyone turned to face the girl on the screen wielding a vase in one hand and calling "hello?" down the stairs.

"Turn around, turn around, turn around," Dean chanted softly, hand tightening around Seamus'.

"Just go back to bed!" Hermione muttered, frustrated. 

"Stop shouting hello, they're not going to respond with 'hi, sorry, just here to kill you'!" Neville hissed.

"What kinda weapon is a vase?" Ron mumbled.

"Nononononononono," Seamus whispered, slowly hiding behind Dean more and more.

The girl on the screen walked slowly down the stairs, holding her vase out in front of her, hands shaking. At this point, Seamus was almost fully hidden behind Dean, and Hermione was squeezing the pillow tight enough to kill.

A face appeared in the window the girl walked past, and Seamus shrieked, burying his face in Dean's shoulder. Luna leaned forward in interest, and Neville seemed intent on his new place fallen on the floor.

The music rose, and then stopped, leaving only silence. The girl took three steps forward, and then stopped in front of a mirror. The camera panned in on her wide eyes, and she spun around and screamed at the sight of the man with the horrifying mask behind her.

Ron screamed, throwing popcorn in the air. Ginny flinched. Seamus  squeezed his eyes shut. Dean covered his eyes with his hands and yelped. Luna jumped. Neville almost passed out. Hermione threw her pillow.

Harry laughed.

Seven pairs of eyes turned to the boy, who's focus was solely on his phone.

"Who ya talking to?" Seamus yelled, launching himself at Harry and attempting to take his phone.

Harry shrieked, turning off his phone and fighting back against his friend. Dean and Ron joined in on trying to take his phone and figure out who he was talking to.

"Is it a girlfriend?" Ron yelled.

"A boyfriend?" Neville suggested.

"A hooker?" Seamus gasped as Harry's foot hit him in the stomach.

"A friend?" Hermione said, rolling her eyes.

"Free me!" Harry shrieked, flailing his limbs and laughing.

"You win this round, Potter," Seamus huffed, rolling off of him. "I think you broke my rib."

"Liar," Harry replied affectionately. Seamus flashed him a smile.