guess who? (cuz it ain't ya boi)

Prompt by GayGoddess_5

It's a stupid idea, really. 

Pointless.

He won't gain anything from it.

And yet here Harry is, at 3:37 in the morning, making Polyjuice potion to sneak into the Slytherin Common Room.

He has no goal. He just wants to see if he can do it twice.

It's sad, really, that he's so bored that this is what he's doing.

He tries not to think about that.

He adds the hair, smirking slightly when he remembers how he got it.

Harry watched Malfoy carefully, waiting until the blonde fully turned forward and couldn't see him. He leaned over his own desk, reaching out, and yanked out a few blonde hairs, before quickly returning to his work.

"What the fuck?" Malfoy yelled as he turned around. Harry looked up in mock surprise.

"The hell is wrong with you, Malfoy?"

Malfoy stared at him for a moment to long, his grey eyes lingering on Harry, and Harry would have been uncomfortable if Malfoy wasn't so attractive.

But then Malfoy blinked, shaking his head and turning back around.

The potion turns a sweet bubblegum pink. Harry isn't sure that's fitting.

Nevertheless, he fills a cup and downs it.

It tastes like bubblegum too.

His face shifts, his legs grow, his body contorts and twists until he is several inches taller and unmistakably blonde.

Harry briefly allows himself to consider just giving this up and jerking off instead, because looking in the mirror reminds him of how remarkably attractive Malfoy is, but the idea makes him uncomfortable almost immediately. It would almost be like taking advantage of Malfoy without the other boy knowing.

So he switches his robes into the ones he had stolen from the sixth year Slytherin who hated his own house and everyone in it and was way too willing to betray them to Harry, and he leaves to fuck with some Slytherins.

He has almost forgotten about the actual Malfoy until he sees the boy burst out of the Slytherin dungeons, looking nervous and shaky, and darting off away from Harry.

Harry blinks. What was that about?

He wonders if he should follow him and see what's wrong, but then remembers what he looks like, and instead catches the door to the Slytherin dungeons before it slams closed.

He steps down into the cold chamber, and Pansy Parkinson looks up from her book lazily.

"Shoulda known he wouldn't do it," she says to Blaise, who is laying on the couch with his arms behind his head.

"Damn it, Draco, what's stopping you? It's eighth fucking year, our last year to be stupid reckless kids. Ask him out, you fucking loser."

Harry just blinks. Ask him out? Is Malfoy gay?

"Five Galleons says he never will," Pansy says easily, holding out her hand with five glittering gold coins resting in the palm.

"Deal." Blaise grabs the Galleons out of her hand. "Draco, go ask Potter out so Pansy can finally lose a bet."

"Potter?" Harry asks, stunned.

"Yeah, Potter. How many brain cells do you have left? Go, or I'll make you."

"Um. Yeah. Okay."

Harry walks out the door slowly, unsure of what the fuck just happened.

A slow grin spreads over his face at the thought of how freaked out Malfoy would be if he saw himself.

And how crazy would it be if he was asked out by himself? Harry wonders.

May as well try.

So Harry departs to freak his soon-to be-boyfriend out.