"kiss him" is not an appropriate answer to "what do you do if someone robs you"

This might be inspired by a Buzzfeed Unsolved episode. you can't prove anything

This bitch is 5,000 words exactly  

It all started at the Gardner Museum.

Harry looked at the clock irritably. Fifteen more fucking minutes, and he could leave and go to his concert.

That is, assuming Ron was here on time, which was rare but possible.

He watched the second hand tick by slowly.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

He could have been a food vendor. He could have been a day guard, at least, so he could talk to people. He could have worked at a fucking fast food restaurant and gotten free food for a slightly lower pay.

But no. Here he was, in the middle of fucking Boston, guarding a museum no one cared about in the middle of the fucking night.

Honestly, when was the last time someone had robbed a fucking bank?

As if to answer his question, the buzzer to the front door rang.

Startled, Harry opened the front screen, which showed two police officers in full uniform. Strangely, one of them wore a hat, but Harry forgot about that fact a second later when the one without a hat spoke.

"We're investigating a disturbance in the area and need to do a surveillance check. Under the authority of the law, you are required to open this door."

Harry knew it was museum policy not to open doors for anyone after hours, but these men were police. Besides, it wouldn't hurt to have a little social interaction before Ron got here.

So he pushed the button to allow the doors to open.

The two men walked out into the main area, looking around for a second before their eyes met Harry's.

One of them was slightly shorter than the other. He was black, with curly hair and deep brown eyes. His uniform showed off his figure nicely, and if Harry was into men, he would think he was quite attractive.

The one next to him was just an inch taller, with pale skin and a black hat covering his hair. He had a much more lean figure than the other officer, which really made Harry wonder what he was doing in the police force. His shockingly grey eyes met Harry's with a strange sort of fascination, and for a reason Harry really couldn't explain, he was breathless.

"Please step out of the control room. We can't have any interference whilst investigating the property," the shorter man said.

Harry stepped out of the room, and only a second later, frowned. "What exactly are you checking?"

The shorter one spoke again. "I'll do rounds around this floor. Keep an eye on him."

Grey- Harry decided he was going to call him that until he got a name- nodded and faced Harry with a sort of cocky determination that Harry wouldn't expect from an officer.

They stood in silence for a minute before Grey spoke.

"It must be boring, being a night shift museum guard. When was the last time this place got robbed?"

Harry took a moment to respond, because he was so surprised by the man's voice. It was smooth, almost calming, like an officer's would be, but it had a note of humor behind it, like Grey knew something he didn't.

"Never. Not while I've been working here, anyway," he said, laughing softly. 

Grey gave him an amused smile, eyes scanning him up and down before darting somewhere over his left shoulder.