kinky boys smh (also draco has purple hair and harry is so very gay)

Prompt by almonds13

Harry's hands were shaking again.

It was a fun side effect of his anxiety.

He sighed, setting down his cup of tea. There was no point in trying to hold it, he would just spill it everywhere with how badly he was shaking.

Loud noises were the worst. Bangs, crashes, anything loud and sudden really, could send Harry right back to the war.

It had gotten better since he had moved to Muggle London and away from the hundreds of reporters asking him what if felt like to die.

He hadn't seen Hermione and Ron in two years. Well, not really seen them, not in person, but every time he looked at the little otter winding around his right forearm or the chess piece on his right wrist he remembered them.

Maybe saying he hadn't heard from them in two years would be a more accurate statement.

Well, it would be more accurate if he didn't hear Hermione's screaming in his dreams.

The otter and the chess piece weren't the only tattoos he had. He had a full moon on his left shoulder blade, a lily on his collarbone, a black dog that ran circles around his right ankle, and the antlers of a deer framing the lily. 

To say he was a regular at the tattoo shop across the street would be an understatement. He practically lived there. They knew him by name.

He went there when he was anxious and got little pieces of his tattoos done at a time until his anxiety faded. People usually did tattoos in parts, because they only had a certain about of time. Harry did it because he only needed little parts at a time. He had the money to pay for it.

Harry put his head down as his anxiety started getting overwhelming. His hand was tapping against the table, making an annoying noise, and Harry decided fuck it, it's not like I have anything to do today.

"Hey, Harry," Jackie greeted as he walked in. "What are you getting done today? We've already got... let's see, best friends, parents, guardians. Are we finally getting one for a boyfriend?"

Oh yeah, and Harry was gay.

He had realized it shortly after moving here, when he went to the wrong kind of bar by accident and met a very handsome man who proved to Harry that maybe him coming there wasn't an accident.

"No, I don't have a boyfriend and you know it," Harry grumbled. Jackie's grin widened.

"I can set you up-"

"No." Harry sighed. His anxiety was becoming almost unbearable. Jackie's smile faded. She recognized the signs of his anxiety attacks, usually just before they happened, and would always help him through them.

"Alright, so what are we doing today?"

"I don't know," Harry sighed. "I think I've run out of meaningful ones."

"What about me?" Jackie pouted. "I'm your friend. Get a trash can on your ass for me."

Despite his anxiety, Harry laughed. "You're an idiot."

Jackie was studying him thoughtfully.

"You know, you've already started a sort of rocker vibe, with your tattoos and the nose piercing you let me give you. Why don't you try dying your hair?"

Harry blinked. He had never really considered it before. His hair had always been a signature of him looking like his father, but now that he was 22 and had outlived him, it was just a painful reminder.