perfection, power, and potter are one and the same

A/N: I know Teddy Lupin's name is Edward Remus Lupin. I know it. But Edward makes me think of Twilight, so we're gonna pretend Teddy's full name is Theodore Remus Lupin because Teddy should not be short for Edward, it makes no sense

can we check out What Is Love? by watersigns111 because it's only got like 3 or 4 chapters right now but the style of writing is fantastic and i love it

this might be the longest oneshot I've ever written tbh it took me forever and it's not something i would usually write but i really enjoyed writing it

update: it definitely is my longest oneshot it's 13,000 words exactly

warnings: this story contains graphic descriptions of burning, one mention of a minor character suicide, lots of fire, murder, and dark!drarry 

this story is not meant to romanticize murder. it is meant to depict a fictional telling of Draco and Harry's rise to power, and Harry's mental descent as power and Draco's influence change the way he thinks. Near the end, more so, they're more sexually attracted to each other, but don't mistake that for love. They both just like sex and fire.

These two are fucking insane, and it's told from Draco's POV, so it's him trying to justify every choice they make, not me. I do not recommend committing murder and arson. 0/10 on the Nyx Do Or Don't List.

Their world was corrupt.

Draco would be quite content to watch it burn, but he was mildly annoyed that the Ministry had decided to sentence his mother to the Kiss, and his father was only to stay in Azkaban.

The Ministry had made more bad decisions than Draco could count. They had allowed many of the Death Eaters to live, so they could "get more information about the escaped ones". They had refused to locate Granger's parents for her. They had refused to pay for reparations of the war. They had seized the Burrow after Molly Weasley, in the grief of losing her son, missed a payment. They had left orphans of the war to die on the streets without government help. They had burned down the Malfoy Manor. They had raised taxes to fund new programs in the Ministry Auror Department, some for new uniforms, some for better training rooms.

And, the most damning, the one that pushed Harry Potter over the edge and caused the inevitable downfall of the Ministry and the world, they had taken Theodore Lupin away from Potter.

Potter was a legal adult now, but he was classified by the Ministry as "unfit for parenting", and they sent Theodore to the foster system. They had a similar ruling for Andromeda.

She killed herself two days after they decided that.

And now Potter was holding his fist in the air, refraining from banging on Draco's door again as he tiredly opened it.

"Hello, Potter. Are you aware that it's two in the morning?"

Potter punched him in the mouth.

"Ow," Draco said through a mouthful of blood, and turned around to grab his wand off the coffee table in his living room to heal his mouth. "I'd rather you didn't do that."

Potter stared at him from the doorway. "You-"

Draco continued to stare at him, and Potter's face became enraged again. He shot a Stinging Hex at Draco and slammed Draco's door shut.