countdown to flavortown

I apologize for the title if you want to shoot me in the face I accept it

Prompt by Karma_Anokani

 Four minutes

Harry anxiously tried to avoid looking at his wrist. Everything was chaotic enough as it was, with leaving the Dursley's and finding out he was a wizard, he didn't need the added stress of him meeting his soulmate at age eleven. 

Hagrid continued to point out buildings and talk, while Harry tried to pay attention and not look at his wrist. 

Three minutes

They walked past a shop full of golden items, and Harry stopped and stared for a moment. 

"'Arry, what are ye lookin' at?" Hagrid paused in his talking and glanced at the shop before laughing. "Ye don' need any o' that. C'mon."

Harry sighed, wishing for something to distract him. 

Two minutes

Hagrid pointed at a store, and told him that was where he would get his robes, and that he would return with some ice creams for them. Harry nodded, and went inside.  

A woman greeted him, dragging him off to a room and setting him on a stool. She studied him for a moment, and rushed off. 

One minute

Harry shifted nervously, watching the crowd. Which one of them would walk in and be his soulmate?

Fifty seconds

Harry bounced his leg. What if his soulmate didn't like him? 

Forty seconds

What Harry didn't like his soulmate? What if his soulmate was a terrible person?

Thirty seconds

Harry was deeply considering running out of the shop, but he knew he couldn't escape it. 

Twenty seconds

She was taking an awfully long time to just grab a couple robes, Harry thought. 

Ten seconds

Why was nobody coming to the door?

Nine seconds

What if Harry was supposed to be somewhere else right now?

Eight seconds

What if he didn't have a soulmate?

Seven seconds

What if his soulmate had died before meeting him? 

Six seconds

Could that happen? Or would his timer stop?

Five seconds

Eleven was too young to meet a soulmate. 

Four seconds

Harry wasn't ready for a soulmate. 

Three seconds

He wasn't even interested in girls yet!

Two seconds

He vaguely heard voices behind the curtain, before it swept open. 

One second

"Mr. Malfoy, if you would sit here for a second. Mr. Potter, I'll have your robes in a moment." She swept away. 

The blonde boy that had been put in the seat next to him stared, wide eyed, at Harry. 

Well, at least Harry knew why he wasn't interested in girls. 

The blonde boy held out a hand, a stunned look across his face. 

"Hello. I'm Draco Malfoy, and I suppose we're soulmates."