New Goalie// Ashlyn Harris

"Ok ladies I want to switch up todays practice! Go practice a position you don't normally play! Have fun!" Coach Jill announces. You normally played in midfield and sometimes forward and you wanted to try something new. You made your way over to Ashlyn and smiled. 

"Wanna teach me some things so I can be a better goalie?" You said standing tall. Ashlyn drank water and grabbed a pair of goalie gloves chuckling and tossing them to you. 

"This is going to be fun!" She said walking to the goal post. After 25 minutes she was able to teach you the basics of being a goal keeper and you felt confident to be goalie during a scrimmage. 

"Alright ladies now we will be testing the new position! So go to your positions, Ashlyn I assume no one wanted to attempt goalie?" Jill said but you and Ashlyn turned to look at one another. 

"Actually Y/N gave it a go and she actually isn't half bad!" She stated putting an arm around you. You smiled big and wide at Coach Jill and she shrugged.

"Alright Y/L/N your in Ashlyn stand by for guidance!" Everyone spreads out and you go into the goal keepers box. You look to see the strange arrangement of people in the wrong spots and you die of laughter when you see that Emily Sonnett was a forward. The scrimmage started and Becky went for the shot but you got scared and turned away from the ball. 

"Y/N your supposed to block it!" Sonnett laughed. You looked at Ashlyn with a frown and she smiled at you.

"Its ok just breath and watch the kick and angle of the ball. Watch where it goes." She reassured 

Soon as more goals came you you had more and more confidence and blocked almost all of them. At the end of the scrimmage Ashlyn came over giving you a hug. 

"You did amazing!" She cheered. You walk over to the rest of the team when coach started speaking. 

"I don't know guys a lot of you did very poorly in the opposite position and I know its weird being in a position your not used to playing but others did very well! Like Y/N you looked good out there kid!" She clapped motioning for the rest of the team to join in.

"I don't know coach we might have a new goalie in town." Ashlyn said smiling at you. This was only the start of your new goalie days as there will be more in the future. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow record time! I posted this really early! Its 9:35am here in Massachusetts and I normally update at like 10pm so I don't know maybe after softball I might give one more update but don't count on it because im VERY busy today! 

-Sheila