Honoring The Legends//Mia Hamm

"Alright ladies today's game we will be honoring the women who have changed the world in the ways they could." Jill started we all looked around in confusion. 

 "Coach how is that going work if he play soccer? Is there going to be a ceremony?" You asked for everyone else in the room that was confused. 

"Actually Y/N you all will be wearing their names on the back of your jerseys instead of your own names. So that being said these will be your new shirts for today!" Dawn spoke handing out the shirts according to numbers. You receive your shirt and see the name written on the back and nearly screamed. There it was written in big white letters 'HAMM'. You whipped away a tear. Since you where little you always loved Mia Hamm and the fact that you would be representing her made you excited. 

"I hope you are all happy with who you will be honoring! Lets get these on and have a good game!" Jill yelled clapping. You exit the room after putting on your shirt and head out for the entrance. You knew that wearing 'Hamm' on the back of your shirt was going to push you to your full potential.

 The game ended with you and your team picking up a win 5-2 you making 3 of those 5 goals. Soon after you guys were celebrating your win when a couple of people came out onto the field when you noticed most of them were the people that are worn on everyones shirts. You soon noticed Mia Hamm walking up to you. 

"Oh my gosh no freaking way!" You fangirled, clapping your hands and jumping up and down. Everyone around you laughed and you took a deep breath in and continued. 

"Can I give you a hug?" You asked. Mia laughed at you and the show you were putting on. 

"Of course!" She said while opening her arms embracing you. You couldn't believe it Mia Hamm was hugging you. 

"You were amazing out there Y/N. You really wore my name better than I ever could! Honestly thank you so much for making my name look a lot better!" She said squeezing your hands. You looked at her as if she was crazy.

"Are you serious? Mia you have been my inspiration for years! It was an absolute honor to wear your name on my back! Your a legend!" You stated as if she didn't know that. She laughed and gave you another hug. 

"You are honestly the cutest thing!" She smiled. You quickly took a couple pictures with Mia and the other girls and soon went your own ways. 

"Well I can cross that off my bucket list!" You said walking back to the locker room with a smile on your face. 

"Cross what off your list?" Sammy asked. You looked at her with an even bigger smile. 

"Meeting Mia Hamm!" You responded. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys like this one! Please comment which player I should do next! Also don't forget to vote!

-Sheila