Ch. 6

I hate it here. It's literally so depressing. The nurse walks in repeatedly and she always tells me 'im sure your parents will arrive soon, honey." Well maybe i dont want them to come. I dont think i have to worry about them coming anyways, because they simply wont.

My nurse walks in excitedly and says "Your parents called! They're coming to pick you up at around 9. I told you they would come!" She exits the room smiling to herself.

Great. Just what i needed.

Its 6:00 i only have 3 hours to escape this hellhole and not have to face my parents. I carefully take all the things that are attached to me off, and silently creep to the door. I look into the hallway and no one is walking past, so i did whatever came to my mind first, which in this case was to run.

So, I ran. Past the hallway and past the front desk. Past the yelling nurses and doctors telling me to stop and past the piercing stares.

I ran out the door and across the crosswalk, running impossibly faster when i heard sirens coming my way. I ran into the forest and didnt stop until i felt like my lungs would burst.

I thought i lost them. I thought.

Because in less then 5 minutes voices were heard to my right.

"I saw him run this way, he left prints from when he was running in the dirt so we can just follow these until we find him." Says a masculine voice.

I was leaned up against a tall tree and decided to climb it, i know, it wasn't the brightest idea, but it would have to do.

I put my foot on a small branch and right as im about to lift up it snaps.

"Shit." I mutter to myself, "Out of all the things that i dont know how to do, one of them just has to be climbing trees."

Fortunately, i found sturdy branches that got me atleast 15 feet high. Right as i sit down on a branch, i look down.

There are a bunch of police officers and  3 paramedics walking out into the open where the tree i am sitting in is.

"Its hot out here, let's go sit in the shade over there to avoid any heat strokes," a police officer says pointing to my tree, "Then we can investigate for a couple of minutes." 

Shit... They all crowd at the bottom of the tree and review the notes they had written down. All it would take for me to get caught is one officer or paramedic to glance up.

"Okay, since we are some of the most highly trained professional sheriffs in the county we should find him in no time."

I find myself having to bite my lip so that i dont burst out laughing. These fucking idiots. They are standing right underneath me and im pretty sure i could jump off this tree and land directly on one them and they would just glance around confused and completely ignore the fact that im the one they're looking for.

Pretty soon the search party is walking off in a direction that i dont even know how they came up with.

By now its 8:30 and it seems like it would atleast be 10, as the past 2 hours felt like centuries. I figure i should find somewhere safe to lay for the night. 

I find a nice fern tree with a bit of shade underneath to sleep in. The dirt was soft which was a plus for me.

Almost immediately, i fell asleep.