12 | don't do anything stupid

"Hey! Everyone get out here!" One of the guys yelled. Octavia and Jovie looked over at each other as they laid on their cots and immediately jumped up to see what the boy was yelling about. Jovie hoped it was nothing bad. After the day that she had, she didn't want to deal with anything else tonight. They watched as an object shot across the sky.

"It's a pod from the Ark," Monty stated. Bellamy walked out of his tent to join them to see what was going on and Jovie couldn't help but do a double take when she saw that he was shirtless. It was when Roma came running out from his tent after him that she shook her head.

"Can't keep it in your pants?" Jovie grumbled as he walked up next to her. He looked down at her and smirked.

"Jealous?" He teased. She wrinkled her nose and crossed her arms against her chest.

"Hardly," she replied.

"Okay, Sunshine," he said in a tone that sounded like he didn't believe her. She just ignored him, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of a response.

"Please tell me they brought down some shampoo," Roma mumbled as they stared up at the sky. Jovie secretly agreed, but she found the girl annoying so she just rolled her eyes in response.

"O, Jovie, come with me," Bellamy said. The two girls followed him, stopping at his tent so he could put his shirt and jacket on before they went to the tent that they usually held meetings in. A few of the other boys that Bellamy trusted were in there too.

"If that pod cleared the ridge than it's probably near the lake," Jovie said, pointing to the map that she had basically memorized.

"We should get moving," Octavia said. "Everyone's ready."

"No one's going anywhere. Not while it's dark. It isn't safe," Bellamy decided. "We'll head out at first light. Pass the word." The boys nodded their heads at his order and left the tent to inform the others.

"Everyone for a hundred miles saw this thing come down. What if the Grounders get to it first? Bell, we should go now!" Octavia said.

"I said we wait till sunrise," Bellamy repeated before walking out. Jovie shared a quick look with Octavia then followed Bellamy out. She grabbed his arm as he walked away, making him stop.

"What're you going to do?" She asked him. Jovie saw the look on Bellamy's face when he saw the pod falling. He looked nervous and she planned to find out why. He frowned at her question.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said simply, but even she could see that he had a plan in mind.

"You're a shit liar, Bellamy Blake," she told him. "I know you want something from that pod. What is it?" He paused as he thought about how to answer her question. She already knew that he was hiding something, but he didn't want her to try to stop him.

"We'll see what's in there in the morning. Like I said," he reiterated. She shook her head.

"Just don't do anything stupid," she told him before walking back to her tent. He wasn't going to tell her and she wasn't going to waste her time trying to pry it out of him. She just hoped he knew what he was doing.

Jovie must have been way too anxious to find that pod because she just laid on her cot, staring at the top of the tent, instead of actually sleeping.

"Looks like everybody's up," she heard Finn's voice from outside. She jumped up and slipped on her shoes and jacket again to go back out to talk to her friend.