13 | have a little hope

It was almost like it was a race to get to Bellamy. Clarke wanted to find him, but Jovie felt like she had to get there first. Jovie sprinted off the second Clarke said that they had to find him. She figured he would have been on his way back to camp, so that's the direction she headed. She didn't stop running until she saw him walking through the woods.

"Hey!" She screamed. He turned around and looked slightly confused why she was running after him. "Dammit, Bell. I told you not to do anything stupid!"

"What're you talking about?" He asked, though he knew exactly what she was talking about.

"Don't play dumb. Not with me," she said. He could pretend with the others, but not with her. They'd already been through too much together for him to lie to her. "The damn radio. Where is it?" When he didn't answer, she sighed. "Either you tell me or you deal with Clarke on your own. Your choice." But before he could say anything, Clarke was already running up to them.

"Where is it?" Clarke demanded.

"Hey, princess, you taking a walk in the woods?" Bellamy joked casually. Jovie internally groaned. This was not the time for him to piss off Clarke.

"They're getting ready to kill three hundred people up there to save oxygen, and I can guarantee you it won't be council members. It'll be working people," Clarke told him. "Your people!" Suddenly, Finn came out of nowhere and shoved Bellamy.

"Bellamy, where's the radio?" Finn asked. Bellamy shoved Finn back.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Bellamy lied. When the two of them stood toe-to-toe glaring at each other, Jovie stepped in between them.

"Cool it," she said, pushing them back from each other.

"Bellamy Blake? They're looking everywhere for you," Raven interjected.

"Shut up," Bellamy snapped.

"Looking for him, why?" Clarke asked.

"He shot Chancellor Jaha," Raven told them. Jovie looked over at Bellamy. So that's what he did to get here.

"That's why you took the wristbands. Needed everyone to think we're dead," Clarke concluded.

"All that 'whatever the hell we want'? You just care about saving your own skin," Finn added. Bellamy started to walk away but Raven was quick to follow him.

"Hey! Shooter! Where's my radio?" Raven demanded as she stood in front of him.

"Get out of my way," Bellamy said.

"Where is it?" Raven asked again.

"I should've killed you when I had the chance," Bellamy said. Jovie rolled her eyes. He wouldn't have done that. That was just an empty threat to try to scare her. But Raven didn't know that.

"Really? Well, I'm right here," Raven taunted. He took the bait because he shoved her against a tree, but she was quick to pull a knife out and hold it to his throat. "Where's my radio?"

"Okay, stop it," Jovie said. Bellamy and Raven had a stare-down before Bellamy released her and she lowered her knife. "Just tell them where the radio is."

"Jaha deserved to die. You all know that," Bellamy said as he walked away.

"Yeah, he's not my favorite person either, but he isn't dead," Raven confessed. Bellamy stopped in his tracks and turned to face them again.

"What?"

"You're a lousy shot," Raven said. Jovie knew the last thing she should have done in that moment was to laugh, but she couldn't help it. The four of them turned to look at her when they heard her laughing. "You think this is funny?"

"Yeah, kinda," Jovie said with another laugh. Between all that had happened in the past day and the sleep deprivation, she found it more amusing than it realistically was. "This dumbass doesn't even know how to kill someone properly." Bellamy glared at her and Clarke rolled her eyes.

"Bellamy, don't you see what this means? You're not a murderer. You always did what you had to do to protect your sister. That's who you are. And you can do it again by protecting three hundred of your people. Where's the radio?" Clarke said, ignoring Jovie's amusement at the situation.

"It's too late."

After grabbing a few others from the camp, they searched through the river and the nearby woods. Jovie looked over to see Bellamy standing there with his arms crossed as he watched the others search. She walked over to him, trudging through the river to get to him. When she got close enough, an evil smirk formed on her lips and she "accidentally" kicked the water, making it splash onto him.

"Really?" He deadpanned. He tried to look annoyed but Jovie could see the ghost of a smile on his face. She laughed, stepping onto the dry ground.

"So, that's how you got onto the dropship with us?" She asked, referring to him shooting Jaha.

"I did it to protect Octavia," he said simply.

"And I thought John was protective of me," she joked.

"I would do anything to protect my sister," he said. She smiled.

"I know." It was something she admired about him. Even if it got him in trouble sometimes, he would do anything for Octavia.

"Hey! I found it!" One of the boys screamed as he pulled the radio out of the river. They ran over to where Raven grabbed the radio from him and started examining it.

"Can you fix it?" Clarke asked.

"Maybe, but it'll take half the day just to dry out the components to see what's broken," Raven grumbled.

"Like I said, it's too late," Bellamy spoke.

"Have a little hope," Jovie said. If they just tried to figure something out, maybe things could work out.

"Do you have any idea what you did? Do you even care?" Clarke stormed up to Bellamy and yelled.

"You asked me to help. I helped," Bellamy said. Jovie rolled her eyes. One second he was fine and the next he was being a little shit.

"Three hundred people are gonna die today because of you!" Clarke screamed.

"Hold up. They're not dying because of him. They're dying because of the council," Jovie defended him, though she wasn't quite sure why. She guessed it was just because she didn't want Bellamy to feel guilty. Yes, he shouldn't have taken the radio, but the 300 that they were going to kill wasn't his fault. Besides, they don't even know if they would have been able to get in contact with the Ark before it happened. Bellamy looked over at Jovie, a bit surprised that she was standing up for him. It's not that he didn't think she would, but he thought maybe she would have been mad at him for taking the radio too.

"We don't have to talk to the Ark. We just have to let them know we're down here, right?" Raven then thought.

"Yeah, but how do we do that with no radio?" Finn asked. Raven just smiled.