23 | natstrecha

"My people call you Natstrecha," Lincoln told her. Jovie didn't mean to laugh and it's not that she found this humorous, but she had no idea what he was talking about.

"I'm sorry, they call me what?" She asked.

"Natstrecha. It means Nightwalker in our language," he said. Octavia looked over at Jovie and realized she was just as confused as she was. "You've been watching us, learning about us, stealing from us, have you not?" Jovie couldn't deny it. She just didn't think they knew about it. "You were good, using the darkness and blending in to try to look like one of us."

"But then I attacked one of your warriors," she finished, putting together how they figured it out. It was when she acted out and attacked. The Grounder had seen the way she was dressed like one of them and how she had one of their daggers. They realized she was spying on them. Otherwise, how else would she know so much about them? Or have one of their weapons on her?

"Jovie," Finn said, saying her name like he was disappointed in her. Like Raven and Octavia, he knew that she had stolen one of their daggers, but he hadn't known the extent of it. They had given her a name. They knew her.

"They're going to want to meet Natstrecha," Lincoln reiterated. Jovie looked over at Finn and Octavia then shrugged.

"Okay," she said simply.

"Bellamy is never going to let you go," Octavia pointed out.

"That's why we're not going to tell him," Jovie stated. "Finn will get Clarke and we go."

"Dammit, Finn, what's taking so long?" Jovie mumbled to herself as she waited in the woods outside of their camp. At this point she had the black paint smudged along her eyes and her hood up, just like she always did when she watched the Grounders. As soon as she saw Finn and Clarke finally walking towards, she went to turn to lead the way. Before she could though, Clarke grabbed her arm.

"Jovie?" She asked in confusion. She had seen the blonde like this before when she showed up at camp beaten and bloody from the Grounder attack, but had more things to worry about than how she was dressed. Now she took notice of the girl's attire. It was intentional, that much was true.

"Clarke, I don't have time to explain. We need to go," Jovie said. She didn't even know how she would explain how they called her Natstrecha or what exactly that would mean for her. "No one else saw you leave, right?" Jovie asked Finn quietly. When she said no one she meant Bellamy. He was the only one she really cared about not finding out about this.

"I don't think so," Finn told her and she nodded.

"Good."

After Clarke had told Bellamy about Finn's plan, he went to find a few others to go after them with him. He thought about trying to find Jovie, but she didn't like the guns and he didn't want her to give him a hard time about it. So instead, he just decided to stick with Raven and Jasper. They both had reasons to hate the Grounders so would have no problem opening fire if it came down to it.

They waited until Clarke and Finn were out of the camp for a few minutes before sneaking out to follow them. Clarke said Finn shouldn't know about them bringing guns because he wanted this to be a peaceful meeting. Bellamy thought that was unlikely.

When they finally got to the meeting spot, they hid themselves in the trees below to stay out of sight but still to be able to see what was going on. Bellamy watched as Clarke and Finn stood on the bridge. It was when he see Octavia and a figure dressed in all black with war paint that he took a step closer. And that was when he realized who it was.