~9~

"Colby, come on!" I yelled, laughing as he ran quite a few paces behind.
"I can't- go- any- faster," He panted, pushing his hair out of his face.
"Fiiiine," I sighed, slowing to a walking pace for him to catch up. We were running to the top of the factory. It was the day after we stayed at Corey's, and Colby was staying at mine that night.
We still hadn't made anything official. We're not sure what to do because of his mom.
He caught up after a few seconds, walking next to me whilst regaining his breath. I took his hand and we walked to the top of the building slowly. It was around 8:30pm, so it was starting to get dark. I'd made a plan that might scare Colby away or might pull him closer. I'd have to wait to find that one out. I ripped my phone out of my pocket and messaged Corey saying, 'in 5 :)'. In 5 minutes it would happen. In about 30 seconds, me and Colby made it to the top of the building. I grabbed two blankets from my backpack as we sat down, putting one on the floor beneath us and one around me and Colby. I put my arm around him and he wrapped his arms around my waist. We did this often, it was like second nature. We had 2 minutes to go until it happened.
"Colby?" I broke the comforting silence.
"Yeah?" He answered, looking at me with big, blue eyes.
"Can I kiss you?" I asked, pulling him a little closer to me.
"I've already told you, you don't have to ask," he giggled. I closed the gap between us, our lips crashing against each other. This went on for a hot minute until I heard a high pitched noise and a bang. I pulled away excitedly and pointed to the sky. Colby looked in awe. A few more fireworks shot up until it read words. The words said, 'Colby, will you be mine?' My eyes lit up as I gazed at him. He read the words and grinned widely. He stood up and pulled me into a hug.
"Of course, Sammy," he squealed, kissing my lips passionately. A few flashes from behind us startled us. I pulled away and tried to see what it was.
"Jake?" I was so confused.
"Dude, I had to take pictures. Do it for the gram," he grinned. We all laughed together for a little while.
"We gotta get back, we got school tomorrow," I said, heading down the stairs with Colby, hand in hand.
"A'ight. See you later man," Jake waved us goodbye, seating himself on the rooftop.
"Let's go!" I started running, slow enough for Colby to keep up. We ran all the way from the factory back to my house.

(473)
This is short, I'm sorry. I might take a break as my mental health has been extremely bad lately. I will be back, I swear. I love you guys